ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:34 am

daku wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 am
Does anyone know how to submit a complaint? Is that done through an e-mail or through a form? Also does anyone have a template of what can you include if you haven't had a response in a long time.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

There is no standard template, compose it as it relates to you.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:24 pm

Just put my application and ukvcas has sent an email that my UKVI will review if I need to use the app or not. I was hoping to book paid appointment but i guess now I will have to wait two weeks. :cry: :cry:

Would be painful if they still ask me to attend ukvcas after 10 days. Hoping for a quick response

Abdishakur
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Abdishakur » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:46 am

I made an application for naturalisation application on 4th march 2021.

However, I have not yet received a decision in my cases case. I would be grateful if this application could be considered as soon as possible.

i have emailed the home office on the 12th of january 2022 and have not yet received a response i made this application a year ago i have sent numerous email and have not being getting any responses the application is out of is standard service which is usually done in 6 months my application has went beyond that date this has caused me some problems as i ama University student and cannot travel to placements overseas with my class as i am still waiting for a response it has also caused me missing out on family holidays and stress as i have been left in a limbo

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:53 am

Abdishakur wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:46 am

However, I have not yet received a decision in my cases case. I would be grateful if this application could be considered as soon as possible.

i have emailed the home office on the 12th of january 2022 and have not yet received a response i made this application a year ago i have sent numerous email and have not being getting any responses the application is out of is standard service which is usually done in 6 months my application has went beyond that date this has caused me some problems as i ama University student and cannot travel to placements overseas with my class as i am still waiting for a response it has also caused me missing out on family holidays and stress as i have been left in a limbo
Lodge complaints.

Abdishakur
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Abdishakur » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:36 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:53 am
Abdishakur wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:46 am

Lodge complaints.
If you have any advice on how I would do that or where I can find the relevant emails phone numbers as this is now affecting my mental health

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:26 pm

Abdishakur
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Abdishakur » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:58 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:26 pm
Read below on procedure

Lodge complaints using below
https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration
I have sent various emails to all the emails I could find but seem to be getting the generic response nothing specific to my case which I seem to be straight forward

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:10 am

Abdishakur wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:58 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Read below on procedure

I have sent various emails to all the emails I could find but seem to be getting the generic response nothing specific to my case which I seem to be straight forward
If you send emails to addresses or departments not involved in your matter you are not likely going to get a response as even the correct departments are probably overwhelmed.
Complaint is about the delay you are experiencing and willbdonthrit biy to find out where it is

Abdishakur
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Abdishakur » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:31 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:10 am
Abdishakur wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Read below on procedure

If you send emails to addresses or departments not involved in your matter you are not likely going to get a response as even the correct departments are probably overwhelmed.
Complaint is about the delay you are experiencing and willbdonthrit biy to find out where it is
I have filed a complaint via the link you attached in the earlier post should hear back hopefully in 20 days what can I expect from that reply is it going to be generic response like the others or will it be specific to my case

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:20 am

Abdishakur wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:31 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Abdishakur wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Read below on procedure

I have filed a complaint via the link you attached in the earlier post should hear back hopefully in 20 days what can I expect from that reply is it going to be generic response like the others or will it be specific to my case
Wait to hear from them as each case is different. However from first hand experience recently, got specific response to case and was tod to expect decision by certain dates and the decisions actually came back before then.

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by matlau_2862 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:35 pm

I applied for naturalisation in October 2021. It's been seven months and counting, and I received the complex case email in March 2022.

I just feel pretty helpless, and not sure what I could do beyond just waiting with patience.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat May 07, 2022 11:24 am

matlau_2862 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:35 pm
I applied for naturalisation in October 2021. It's been seven months and counting, and I received the complex case email in March 2022.

I just feel pretty helpless, and not sure what I could do beyond just waiting with patience.
Lodge a complaint, contact MP.

MANANSH
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MANANSH » Sat May 07, 2022 7:54 pm

orhan66 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:13 pm
another response from home office 25 01 2022
refer to your application for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

A person applying under this section is expected to have been in the United Kingdom on the actual date 5 years before making the application.

As your application was received in the Home Office on 27 July 2021, you must therefore have been in the United Kingdom on 28 July 2016.

According to your application form you left the United Kingdom on 17 July 2016 and returned on 28 August 2016.

As you were not in the United Kingdom on 28 July 2016 this requirement is not met.

However, if you reply to this email using the address below, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your new application date will be the date that your email is received by the Home Office.

To do this, simply reply to this email using the address nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk confirming that you wish to re submit your application.

So that we are able to continue to consider your application please make sure you reply to this email by 08 February 2022.

Failure to reply by this date will result in your application being refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying .
i confirmed re submit application 25 01 2022 .
Sorry to ask did you get any reply? as i received same kind of email and i want to email them for re submit application.PLs let m,e know soon as if its possible sorry again

IAC23
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by IAC23 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:57 pm

Hello
Does anyone know when your application start being considered? From the moment you pay or from the moment UKVI receive biometric info and supporting documents from UKVCAS? In my case it’s 10 days gap between paying and doing biometric with UKVCAS.
Thank you

Abdishakur
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Abdishakur » Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:20 am
Abdishakur wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:31 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Abdishakur wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Read below on procedure

Wait to hear from them as each case is different. However from first hand experience recently, got specific response to case and was tod to expect decision by certain dates and the decisions actually came back before then.
I have heard back and this is the response I was given

“ Thank you for your email of 21st April regarding the progress on your application for naturalisation as a British citizen.

By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstance of each application.

The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.

I appreciate that UKVI website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:
"All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".

As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.
The enquiries are still ongoing in regards to your application and we are sorry for the delay. As soon as the enquiries outstanding on your application are completed, I will ensure that immediate decision is taken, and that you will be notified accordingly.

We believe we have addressed all the points you have raised. If you have any further questions please contact us at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

Regards”

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 13, 2022 10:30 pm

That's detailed and exercise more patience while hoping it's concluded soonest.

Abdishakur
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Abdishakur » Fri May 13, 2022 11:13 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:30 pm
That's detailed and exercise more patience while hoping it's concluded soonest.
What do you mean

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by matlau_2862 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:10 pm

matlau_2862 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:35 pm

I just received my approval this morning, good luck to everyone!

laji0523
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laji0523 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:04 am

Aerotony wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 pm
I’ve written an email to my local MP regarding the application queuing system and how does the UKVI picked the lucky applicants and assigned their cases to caseworkers, in the meantime some applicants’ cases were thrown into the bin and left untouched until approaching the 6 months mark and/or MP intervene.

‘It took a long time to check the information from external agencies’ is definitely not a good excuse. I would like to advise the applicants who have been waited for more than 5 months to submit a Subject Access Request and check if the Home Office has even reviewed their cases or requested any information from any agencies. For the few cases I know, their case hasn’t been touched until MP intervention. We have to let the HO fix their failed case dealing system. It’s unfair.
Hi Aerotony, or anyone has experience on this,

I am planning to raise a SAR for my long pending application. could you help me to know what kind of specific information I should request in the online form to get the information about if they ever start to review my case?

Thanks a lot.

GranTurismo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GranTurismo » Mon May 23, 2022 3:56 pm

IAC23 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:57 pm
Hello
Does anyone know when your application start being considered? From the moment you pay or from the moment UKVI receive biometric info and supporting documents from UKVCAS? In my case it’s 10 days gap between paying and doing biometric with UKVCAS.
Thank you
Officially they say they consider the date you submit your biometrics

GranTurismo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GranTurismo » Mon May 23, 2022 3:58 pm

I applied for naturalisation in October 2021. It's been over seven months now. Do you guys reckon what is the average waiting time?

Davido9177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davido9177 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:51 pm

I applied in September 2021 and still waiting as well.

neohk

Post by neohk » Tue May 24, 2022 9:15 pm

Might be a bit off topic:
I have applied to 'register' as a citizen using the form BOT(A), it claims to have a 6 month processing time like naturalisation, can I use naturalisation timeline/timeframe as a guide even though it's a different form?
I imagine registration as an adult using the BOTA form is not as common so probably will queue along side the more common naturalisation forms?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:14 pm

neohk wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:15 pm
Might be a bit off topic:
I have applied to 'register' as a citizen using the form BOT(A), it claims to have a 6 month processing time like naturalisation, can I use naturalisation timeline/timeframe as a guide even though it's a different form?
I imagine registration as an adult using the BOTA form is not as common so probably will queue along side the more common naturalisation forms?
I believe all adult nationality applications have the same target date of six months, some are faster than that, some take longer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

js2289
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by js2289 » Wed May 25, 2022 12:10 am

Hi Community, i have a strange situation here I'm hoping someone would help me. I was too keen to submit my application so I waited until the date I'm due to be 1 year after ILR (which is today the 25th) at 00:01 exactly I submitted my application. The problem is that the payment confirmation and reference page showed the previous day's date (24th of May).

Has anyone experienced this?
Will the Home Office require me to submit another application and pay again?