ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Defined COS approved - timeline after this

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Defined COS approved - timeline after this

Post by MarkCa » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:42 pm

Hello,

I received a confirmation email that my application for defined cos has been approved.

In sms system, it says that defined cos is valid until 06/07/2022. (6th of July)

In my Defined Cos application, I put 14th of May as start date.

Can you please help me by answering the following questions:

1. Since COS expiry date is 06/07, does it mean that applicant should apply for skilled visa by that date and coule receive it after it or that visa should be approved by that date and/or that he/she should enter UK by that date?

2. I read on forum that I can send a note regarding start date from COS application being 14th of May. Do i have to do this or the fact that cos is valid until 6th of July means that applicant can come after my job start date from application and that it will be fine?

3. I applied before for Defined COS and then in follow up email asking details I always sent details of person I would like to sponsor. However, this time, I just applied for Defined COS and I received granted response without anyone asking for details. This means that home office doesn't know who I want to sponsor until I assign the COS (on previous occasions they already had that info before granting my application). Will this have any influence on that person's chances of coming to the UK or just the fact that the cos was granted and assigned is enough to remove most of the risk for that applicant?

Thanks!

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Defined COS approved - timeline after this

Post by ywlgy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:31 pm

1. The applicant should apply before the expiry date. Visa issuance and entry dates can be after it.
2. You can add a sponsor note to the CoS to change the start date. You don't have to change it, but make sure that the applicant can start working within 28 days after the latest of work start date on CoS and visa issuance date. If you suspect the applicant might not be able to join within that period, change the start date before visa issuance. Also, you shouldn't change the start date more than 3 months after the date the applicant submits their visa application.
3. UKVI will assess the visa application based on info provided by the applicant. It's hard to say whether it will be successful or not.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Post by MarkCa » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:23 pm

Thank you for prompt response!

Points 1 and 3 are clear to me.

Regarding point 2, applicant will probably arrive as soon as they receive visa approval, so this would definitely be within 28 days of visa issuance date.

However, since I don't know when will their issuance date be (I can only know application date), should I mention anything here (for example that we are aware of this rule and that I can confirm that applicant can start employment immediately after visa approval) or there is no need to mention anything in advance here?

Finally, does this all mean that start date that I put in application for defined cos is almost irrelevant?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:43 pm

No need to mention it in advance.

You can say so.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Eirinizt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by Eirinizt » Fri May 20, 2022 11:12 am

Hi. My defined CoS was granted and my employer was asked for my personal details. Should we do anything else or we wait for the change of my CoS status as ready to go so it can be assigned to me?
Thank you in advance