ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestion on ILR Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abhinavsetu
Newly Registered
India

Suggestion on ILR Route

Post by Abhinavsetu » Fri May 20, 2022 6:22 pm

Hi All,

I have a query on ILR long term residence related to my eligibility and the best path to be taken :

My duration of stay is as below :

Tier 2 ICT Short Term Visa - 22Feb'2014 - 14 Dec'2014
Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa - 21 Feb'2015 - 13 Dec'2019
PBS Dependent - 11 Jan'2020 till date

1. Will I be eligible for ILR long-term application by Feb -2024 and how much time does it take? Or should I go for an ILR route visa PBS dependent by 2025?
2. I am planning to switch from PBS dependent to PBS Visa (with my current employer) by next month -- > Will this impact my long-term ILR application?
3. If I switch my current visa as per point 2, will it reset the clock for ILR, If I want to go for ILR via PBS route by 2025?
4. My wife will continue to work on her PBS visa, will my visa switch impact her ILR application in 2025?
5. Will my Son be eligible to apply for UK citizenship once one of us gets their ILR?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Suggestion on ILR Route

Post by ywlgy » Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 pm

1. Yes provided you meet other conditions. It usually takes 3-4 months but you can pay to get super priority.
2. Will not affect long residence ILR.
3. Yes
4. No
5. Only if he was born in the UK. Otherwise, he needs to wait until both of you get ILR.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Abhinavsetu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhinavsetu » Sat May 21, 2022 9:10 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. This will help in making a decision.

Just a final query, I am planning to go for a 10-year ILR route in 2024. By then I would have worked on 4 different visa categories as below :

1. Tier 2 ICT Short Term Visa - 22Feb'2014 - 14 Dec'2014 and then back to India for 2 months for a new visa application
2. Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa - 21 Feb'2015 - 13 Dec'2019 and then back to India for 1 month for a new visa application
3. PBS Dependent - 11 Jan'2020 - 31 May'2022
4. PBS Visa via current employer - May'2022 for the rest of the term as planned till Feb'2024

I hope, the switch of visas and going back for a new visa renewal for the first 2 visas will be accepted as part of the ILR application?

Sorry, just trying to be clear on my case and take the next step. Can you please confirm? Many Thanks...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:18 pm

All visas count for ILR based on long residence, even visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abhinavsetu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhinavsetu » Sun May 22, 2022 10:47 am

Thanks a lot.

Abhinavsetu
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhinavsetu » Wed May 25, 2022 8:29 pm

Hello,

Sorry forgot to clarify an important query :

Can we switch from PBS dependent visa to PBS visa from the UK ?

Someone said that we need to return back and apply from home country for this .. please help ..

Regards...

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 pm

You can switch within the UK
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 26, 2022 1:25 am

Yes
In welcome news, the ridiculous and environmentally damaging switching rules will be relaxed to enable most migrants to apply to switch from one immigration route to another without having to leave the UK. Greta will be pleased.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.