ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Visa extension for spouse

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

PBS Visa extension for spouse

Post by lancsmedic » Mon May 09, 2022 3:47 pm

Dear friends, I am an NHS doctor and I successfully gained ILR in October 2021. My wife will be eligible for ILR in July 2024.
My wife left the UK to Pakistan on 31st March and is scheduled to return on 13th August 2022. Her Tier 2 PBS dependent visa expires on 20th August 2022. I plan to bring my family back to UK and immiediately apply for my wife's Tier 2 PBS dependent visa extension as soon as she is back in UK.
My question to respected moderators is:
If my wife is out of the UK for 134 days would she require a police certificate from Pakistan to apply for her Tier 2 PBS visa extension.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Lancs Medic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Visa extension for spouse

Post by CR001 » Mon May 09, 2022 3:49 pm

If my wife is out of the UK for 134 days would she require a police certificate from Pakistan to apply for her Tier 2 PBS visa extension.
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Sun May 22, 2022 12:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:49 pm
No!
Thanks CR001!

I request the respected moderators and members for advice regarding my family's situation.

My family has been experiencing financial difficulties since November 2021 and after all expenses we barely have any savings. My family circumstances have been difficult since November 2021 after the birth of twins in November 2021.

Because of excessive costs for childcare I had to take my entire family back home and I returned to the UK after 10 days in April 2022.

All of my savings has been consumed by childcare costs in the UK and now my family in Pakistan need monthly remittances and I hardly have any savings left after my own very limited personal expenses. My NHS salary as a doctor is clearly not enough and I cannot undertake any locum shifts at the moment until my family's return to the UK on 13th August 2022. My wife's Tier 2 PBS dependent visa will expire on 20th August 2022. She needs to extend her PBS Tier 2 dependent visa for another 2 years to reach the ILR stage. I obtained my ILR in October 2021.

All of my children are UK citizens and me and my wife are Pakistani nationals.

I would clealy be unable to afford the costs of PBS Tier 2 dependent visa extention of GBP 2500 for my wife and I am very worried.

Would I be eligible to apply for the waiver of the fees for PBS Tier 2 dependent visa extension in my wife's case? I do not plan to apply for any government benefits and I plan to only rely on my NHS salary until my twin babies are a little older and more manageable.

I have read somewhere any applicant benefiting from visa extension fees are put on the 10 year ILR route from their current/previous 5 year ILR route as the "price" for obtaining a visa fee waiver. I will only take the visa fee waiver if my wife can get her ILR in 2 years time instead of having to wait more than 10 years.

Thanks and hope to hear from the knowledge and experience of friends in this forum.

Lancs Medic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:53 pm

There is no fee waiver for PBS depdnents.

For a fee waiver, it is for those who are destitute or single parents or refugees.

As an NHS doctor, you earn a salary and would likely not qualify for a fee waiver. Unclear why you cannot do locum work.

If you choose to go down the fee waiver route and FLR FP, it puts your wife on a new 10 year ilr route and she won't be able to apply for ILR based on 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.