ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa - What all documents are required from the Inviter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhi6512
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Visitor Visa - What all documents are required from the Inviter

Post by abhi6512 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello Friends,

Background:
I am a Stamp 4 resident of Ireland for over 3 years. I need to travel to the UK to meet family and friends and have applied for a Standard Visitor Visa. I have also paid for priority service as I need to wind up this trip in early June to take care of personal commitments back home in Dublin, I have my appointment on Tuesday 24th May. I have lived in the UK for 3+ years from Sept 2016 to May 2019. During this period I have traveled at least 5 times in & out of the UK and I have provided all my entry and exit details to the best of my knowledge.

Question:
I have an invitation letter from one of my family friends that I will be hosting me in London for 1.5 weeks during my stay. I just intend to ask that other than the invitation letter what all documents I would need from my family friend (Inviter)?
He has provided his passport, tenancy contract, and bank statement already. Now, since his bank deposit savings are less than £5k I'm a bit concerned if it would negatively impact my application?
Also, I'm sponsoring my trip and have attached my last 6 months' bank statement showcasing substantial Euro savings, last 6 months' payslips, and a letter from my Employer.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

-Abhi

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa - What all documents are required from the Inviter

Post by ywlgy » Sun May 22, 2022 10:41 pm

If you are sponsoring yourself, you don't need an inviter.

If the checklist really asks for inviter's details, their passport (and BRP if not British) and invitation letter are sufficient. Their bank statement is not needed because you will sponsor the trip.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

abhi6512
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Visitor Visa - What all documents are required from the Inviter

Post by abhi6512 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:58 am

Hello ywlgy,

Sincere thanks for your response.
I guess you are right the checklist mentions an Invitation letter & evidence of host permission to be in the UK. It doesn't ask for host evidence of funds. Sharing the entry from the checklist for your reference below:

**************************************************************************************************
As you are visiting family or friends:
Invitation from your UK based family or friend(s) and evidence of their
permission to be in the UK
**************************************************************************************************

-Abhi