ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost / Replacement passport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmal_kishore

Lost / Replacement passport interview

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon May 23, 2022 9:09 am

Hi I recently lost my British passport while I was travelling in India. I have since obtained an Emergency Passport from the British High Commission in Delhi, booked an appointment for a replacement passport under fast track service (1 week) in London.
I am in London for the appointment and was wondering how this is meant to work as I have been living in India for a few months and my UK property is rented out. What do I use as my Current UK address? I do have access to my property and in fact a portion of the property isn’t included in the rental. Can I use this address? The form specifically says ‘Current UK address’ so I can’t use an address abroad. That said if the interviewer asks me where I currently live, I cannot say that I live at the UK address because that would be inaccurate.
Has anyone been in this situation? Any thoughts?

vinny

Re: Lost / Replacement passport interview

Post by vinny » Mon May 23, 2022 11:17 am

Where are you currently living in the UK? They may send your new passport there.
If you apply while you’re in the UK, your passport can only be sent to a UK address.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nirmal_kishore

Re: Lost / Replacement passport interview

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon May 23, 2022 2:34 pm

I am at a hotel