ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED -- case woker demanded more info

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED -- case woker demanded more info

Post by USAapplicant » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi Guys,

So I applied for a Tier-1 Visa last week. I have submitted my payslips for Aug 16, 2007 through August 15, 2008. I also submitted bank statements for the period. The problem is some of my deposits don't match up exactly to the deposit amounts on my statements. I was issued manual checks from my employer, which I then deposited into my bank account. Some times I deposited more than one check at a time...hence the amount does not correspond to the payslip exactly but if you add two payslips together the amount is fine.

I got a call from the case worker who is working on my visa and she asked me to identify the deposits on the bank statement and fax her this info....which I did. All my payslips for the 12month period have been deposited into my account -- further more I only have one account. She is having issues because the numbers don't exactly match up. She said the vice council is not satisfied with the earnings and will deny the visa unless I send some proof that all the checks have been deposited in my account. Now i have until wednesday to fax over the information.

My question is --- has any one encountered this issue?

i dont know how else I can prove that all the checks are in my account....and she did not provide any guidance as to what I need to send.

Tier1hyderabad
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1hyderabad » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:13 am

You can get a letter from the employer clearly mentioning the cheque numbers which match up to each pay slip payment.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:21 am

I had the same problem for some consulting work for which I had been paid by paper cheque. To demonstrate that the cheques were deposited into my account, my bank issued their image captures of each of the paper cheques (which were usually dated one day after I had deposited them). So if you deposited two cheques together a few weeks after receiving them, then the image captures will affirm that the unitemised deposit on your bank statement relates to the sum of those two cheques deposited, posted on the same date and in the same transaction. AG

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by USAapplicant » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:08 pm

Gordon and Tier1hyderabad, thanks for responding.

Gordon,

I went and got check images (front and back) from my bank. However, they are not on official bank stationery. I am guessing since she asked me to fax them to her, they don't have to look original but I am a little worried as there is no account number on the image or anything and no bank logo. But that is the best the bank branch can do for me.

Was your Tier-1 approved after you provided the check images?

Thanks.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:26 am

The image captures are not meant to serve as bank statements or the like, hence no logo etc. The image captures I received from my bank also showed (separately from the image) the amount, the account from which the funds were to be paid, the (posting) date, and the cheque number. The fact that my bank issued me these image captures was validation in itself that I had deposited these specific cheques into my account (which is what the caseworker wants to know). The bank officer signed, stamped, and notarised the image captures, and affixed his business card.

My HSMP application was approved.

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by USAapplicant » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:51 am

The check images I received from the bank are not stamped/signed or notarized and I checked with the bank branch manager and was told that she is not "authorized" by the bank to do that. I guess I'll just have to submit what I've got and hope my case worker is satisfied with the info.

Post by 1971 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi USAAppliicant,

I think you should get them stamped and signed by the Bank Rep. Its better to place safe with the CW and HO. They prefer attested documents from previous experiences else, your case maybe rejected. Please, play safe.So that if anything goes wrong, you request for an appeal.

I wish you well.

Cheers.

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by USAapplicant » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 am

1971, thanks for your advise. I went to the bank again to see if the branch manager will sign and stamp the check images for me...unfortunately she said she can stamp them but cannot sign. She provided me with her business card to submit with the images. As of now, the case worker has only asked for these images to be faxed over.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.