ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to add a grown up child to application.

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

larry

Is it possible to add a grown up child to application.

Post by larry » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi all,
I submitted my Canadian Skilled Application in May 2007 for myself, spouse and two children in London. I'm actually from Africa but moved to London with my family in 2005 through workpermit. However I had previously had a son out of weddlock back in my home country whom I did not declare nor include in my application due to misunderstanding between me and my former partner(his mother). Things have now changed and I wish to include my son in my application but not sure if this is possible. He is 15 years old and lives with my ex in my home country while I live in London. So I wonder if its possible to just include him in my application my informimg canadian visa office in London or I will have to withdrwal my application and re-apply with him.

Many thanks.

larry

Post by larry » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi, Can anyone response to this please.

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I am not expert on this but as no one who is has responded, I would suggest you consider the following:

If you withdraw your application at this stage and then re-apply you will leave the old system (every application processed and if you have the points/successful medical/crim check you're in) and re-apply under the new system (have to have an occupation on the list of 38 desirable jobs - or a job offer - to be processed). Would this have an positive or negative effect on your applicaiton?

I believe it is too late to add your son to the application you have in. The best way, in my view, would be to get your permanant residence, move to Canada, and then apply to sponsor your son. There are obviously conditions attached to this, financial, legal and otherwise, which you would need to check you can meet.

If you applied in May 07, the way things are going with processing of this queue you could get your 90-day update letter next summer.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi,

Please add him to your application right away. Send the updated form and also explain why you did not put him at the time of submitting the application.

If you dont declare him and you get permanent resident, you will not be able to sponsor him in future.

I hope this helps

Ali

Richter

Post by Richter » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Only new-born children can be added to an application form at the 90-day stage or before.

The problem here is that you should have named all family members on your application form, whether they were to accompany you or not. The fact you missed off a son will no doubt raise some questions with your case officer.

See p 5, no 27 of this link notes on filling in form/dependents not included:

http://www.apnadeccan.com/newsletter/ESAP.pdf