ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consent Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Naturalization Application

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:48 pm

Hi,
I will be applying for my citizenship application. I am filling the online application. There is this question
"Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?"
I have my BRP with me but I don't want to hand my BRP with the application. I intend to hand it over within 5 days after the ceremony. Should I answer yes to this question or no?

"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
10 years ago, my visit visa application was rejected for incorrect visa type. I came to the UK for a week on a visit visa 7 years ago. Then I came to the UK on Tier 2 General visa 6 years ago. 3 years ago, my BRP was stolen in France. I applied for a visit visa but withdrew the application as I was told that if I had the photocopy of my BRP, the UK immigration at Eurostar Paris would let me in the UK (which they did). 2 years ago, I changed my job and hence was issued a different BRP with a different sponsor. Last year, I got ILR. So my question is how to answer this question? If the answer is yes, which of the above mentioned applications should I mention?

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"
When I applied for Tier 2 General visa, I had to sit IELTS and provide the result. Should I mention that Tier 2 General visa here?

What is Tax Office Reference Number? Is this the Employer PAYE Reference on my Salary Slip and P60?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UK Naturalization Application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:13 pm

Fimirza_Haadi wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:48 pm
Hi,
I will be applying for my citizenship application. I am filling the online application. There is this question
"Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application?"
I have my BRP with me but I don't want to hand my BRP with the application. I intend to hand it over within 5 days after the ceremony. Should I answer yes to this question or no? You don't hand over the card for the application - you upload a scan of the card with your other documents. You keep all originals.

"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
10 years ago, my visit visa application was rejected for incorrect visa type. I came to the UK for a week on a visit visa 7 years ago. Then I came to the UK on Tier 2 General visa 6 years ago. 3 years ago, my BRP was stolen in France. I applied for a visit visa but withdrew the application as I was told that if I had the photocopy of my BRP, the UK immigration at Eurostar Paris would let me in the UK (which they did). 2 years ago, I changed my job and hence was issued a different BRP with a different sponsor. Last year, I got ILR. So my question is how to answer this question? If the answer is yes, which of the above mentioned applications should I mention? The question asks for "any" immigration application - a BRP application is not an immigration application

"Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?"
When I applied for Tier 2 General visa, I had to sit IELTS and provide the result. Should I mention that Tier 2 General visa here? did you use that for your ILR, or did you take a new test? in either case it would be yes.

What is Tax Office Reference Number? Is this the Employer PAYE Reference on my Salary Slip and P60? Yes - employer PAYE Ref
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Evidence of Residence

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:10 pm

Hi,
I am filling the online application for British Citizenship. Could you please let me know what is accepted as Evidence of Residence? Can I provide photos of UK Entry stamps? Also, is council tax letter enough?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Evidence of Residence

Post by Ticktack » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:22 pm

From your flag, I'm guessing you're Pakistani. that would mean that your passport gets stamped everytime you enter into the UK. That would suffice as evidence of Residence in the UK.

You would be adding your entry dates and departure dates from the UK. That would correspond with your passport.

The good thing is that the documents you submit does multiple things. E.g you BRP would show your evidence of Legal residence in the UK, and also satisfy evidence of freedom form immigration restriction.

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Passport Details

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:17 pm

Hi,
I am preparing for my naturalization application. I have 3 passports. The oldest one wasn't used at all to come to the UK on Tier 2 General visa. I used the second passport to come to the UK. Recently, I again renewed my passport.
I believe I will have to upload the scanned copies of passport pages with any stamps. Do I need to scan all 3 passports or leave the oldest one which has stamps but wasn't used for my Tier 2 General visa?

I will have to get the referee forms signed and dated by the referees. How early can I get that signed and dated? For example, if my application date is 1st June, can I get it dated in April?

Also, can I download the form before submitting the application and get it signed or they will provide me a specific form with the registration number or something when I submit the application?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Details

Post by Ticktack » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:18 am

Fimirza_Haadi wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Hi,
I am preparing for my naturalization application. I have 3 passports. The oldest one wasn't used at all to come to the UK on Tier 2 General visa. I used the second passport to come to the UK. Recently, I again renewed my passport. Oldest passport not required.
I believe I will have to upload the scanned copies of passport pages with any stamps. Do I need to scan all 3 passports or leave the oldest one which has stamps but wasn't used for my Tier 2 General visa?

I will have to get the referee forms signed and dated by the referees. How early can I get that signed and dated? For example, if my application date is 1st June, can I get it dated in April?

Also, can I download the form before submitting the application and get it signed or they will provide me a specific form with the registration number or something when I submit the application? You'll only get the referee forms after you fill and submit your application online. Just get your referees ready to go for when you need them.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Referee for Naturalization

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Tue May 03, 2022 8:04 pm

Hi,
I was checking on the list of approved professionals and I couldn't see Doctor on the list. Can I nominate a doctor as a referee?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee for Naturalization

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:39 pm

NHS Doctors were removed from the list some years ago. If they are not on the list you need to find another from the professions listed.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Trips Outside the UK

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Thu May 26, 2022 11:57 am

Hi,
I am completing my online citizenship application form. There is a section "Trips outside the UK". The first question is "When did you first arrive in the UK?".
Before I came to the UK on Tier 2 (General) Visa, I also came to the UK on a visit visa 1.5 months before I cam to the UK on Tier 2 (General) Visa. Which date should I put here? The date on which I came to the UK on my Tier 2 (General) Visa or the date on which I came to the UK on my visit visa?

Another section is "Details of your trips outside the UK". Similarly, I cam to the UK on visit visa and went back to the UAE. 1.5 months after that, I came to the UK on Tier 2 (General) Visa. Should I mention this trip to the UAE in this section?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Trips Outside the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:32 pm

Fimirza_Haadi wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:57 am
Hi,
I am completing my online citizenship application form. There is a section "Trips outside the UK". The first question is "When did you first arrive in the UK?".
Before I came to the UK on Tier 2 (General) Visa, I also came to the UK on a visit visa 1.5 months before I cam to the UK on Tier 2 (General) Visa. Which date should I put here? The date on which I came to the UK on my Tier 2 (General) Visa or the date on which I came to the UK on my visit visa?
Date you arrived on Tier2 visa.
Another section is "Details of your trips outside the UK". Similarly, I cam to the UK on visit visa and went back to the UAE. 1.5 months after that, I came to the UK on Tier 2 (General) Visa. Should I mention this trip to the UAE in this section?
Only the absences during your residency period. Your visit visa duration wouldn't be part of your residency period.

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Referee Declaration

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:11 am

Hi,
I submitted my naturalisation application today. After the application submission, it provided me the Referee Declaration form.
I can just print the form and get it signed or home office will first send an email to the referee and then I should print the form and get it signed?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee Declaration

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:13 am

Ukvi do not send emails to referees for naturalisation.

You need to get the forms signed and upload with your documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:06 am

Thank for you for the quick reply.
How does the UKVI verify the information provided by the referees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:19 am

Fimirza_Haadi wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:06 am
Thank for you for the quick reply.
How does the UKVI verify the information provided by the referees?
They have their means which we don't necessarily know about as members of the general public.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fimirza_Haadi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Consent Form

Post by Fimirza_Haadi » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:24 am

Hi,
I submitted the nationality application for myself and my family (spouse and 2 children). After submitting the application, I was provided a consent form. It has 3 parts. Do I need to print this consent form twice and sign one form myself and get the other form signed by my wife or just print one form and sign it myself?