ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant incorrect IHS fee

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Dependant incorrect IHS fee

Post by MarkCa » Wed May 25, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello,

I am just filling the application for PBS Dependant and for some reason I got to pay higher amount for IHS than for main applicant (skilled worker).

Here are the dates that I put:

Arrival date: 02.07.2022.
Job start date: 03.07.2022.
Job end date: 02.07.2025.

I received with the same info that main applicant should pay 2297.51 EUR and after that I filled dependant's applicaiton and it is now saying 2680.43 EUR.

I filled both applications today so exchange rate is relatively the same for both - this is not the reason for such a big difference. It seems like PBS Dependant has to pay for 3.5 years while main applicant paid 3 years.

The worst thing is that I can't make any changes now since there is no back button and even logging in and out puts me again to payment page with no option to modify anything.

Can you please let me know why this happened and what should I do about it?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant incorrect IHS fee

Post by ywlgy » Thu May 26, 2022 7:21 pm

This is because the visa will have 14 days added to the CoS end date therefore the duration is more than 3 years. While the system can disregard this additional 14 days when calculating IHS for main applicant, it does not do so for dependants. This has been a known issue. I would suggest pay it and ask for refund.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

sza
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sza » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:16 pm

I wrote to home office for exact same scenario to ask for refund. Their reply was:

"In the context of the surcharge, the amount payable by the main applicant is based on the length of time stipulated in the certificate of sponsorship. In some cases where the main applicant’s leave is longer than the dates in the certificate of sponsorship then they may need to make a ‘top up’ payment to reflect their total length of leave as stipulated by the surcharge regulations.

The correct payments have been made for these applications. Dependants are charged an amount that reflects the full length of leave granted to them.

IHS payments are calculated in 6 monthly increments, and as the visa durations exceed 2 years a payment of 2 and a half years is required to cover them"

I insisted them over email citing BRP dates etc, their response was below:

"The IHS regulations state applicants should be charged based on the maximum length of permission they could be granted under the Immigration Rules.

The IHS portal currently undercharges main applicants in sponsored routes, based on the length of their CoS rather than the length of permission they could be granted. This is an error we are working to fix.

Dependants are being charged correctly based on their length of permission.

Therefore no refund is due.

We do not have a telephone line and are contactable by email only"

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:46 am

sza wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:16 pm
I wrote to home office for exact same scenario to ask for refund. Their reply was:

"In the context of the surcharge, the amount payable by the main applicant is based on the length of time stipulated in the certificate of sponsorship. In some cases where the main applicant’s leave is longer than the dates in the certificate of sponsorship then they may need to make a ‘top up’ payment to reflect their total length of leave as stipulated by the surcharge regulations.

The correct payments have been made for these applications. Dependants are charged an amount that reflects the full length of leave granted to them.

IHS payments are calculated in 6 monthly increments, and as the visa durations exceed 2 years a payment of 2 and a half years is required to cover them"

I insisted them over email citing BRP dates etc, their response was below:

"The IHS regulations state applicants should be charged based on the maximum length of permission they could be granted under the Immigration Rules.

The IHS portal currently undercharges main applicants in sponsored routes, based on the length of their CoS rather than the length of permission they could be granted. This is an error we are working to fix.

Dependants are being charged correctly based on their length of permission.

Therefore no refund is due.

We do not have a telephone line and are contactable by email only"
could you please let me know the email address because I need to ask them refund as they charged me for 6 months extra but I will have only 2 years visa from old visa expiry to current visa expiry.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:22 am

See also Refunds and Process.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.