ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation through ILR 5 years route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Naturalisation through ILR 5 years route

Post by lotus1234 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:15 am

Hi,

Can any one help with the below queries please?

Main applicant - ILR through 5 year T2 General, granted 23-May-2021
Dependent Spouse - ILR through PBS dependent 5 years, granted 29-Sep-2021
Dependent child - ILR through PBS dependent, granted 29-Sep-2021

1) Am I eligible to apply for naturalisation on 23-May itself? No absence outside UK for the last year.

2) Can I include naturalisation application for my child with me even though child didn't complete 12 months after getting ILR?
Child is 10 years old.

3) Confused with the AN/MN1 terms. Is the online form I need to fill in termed as AN form? If I add child's application along with mine, will the online application is AN + MN1 forms combined?

4) If I include child there is a question 'Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?
Is the answer YES?

5) Another question 'I would still like my child (as stated in this application) to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British citizenship is refused.'
YES/NO which is most appropriate for this question?

6) In the documents section, it doesn't allow continue to declaration without ticking the below box.
If AAA(Childs Name) told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.
I crosschecked all data entered and nowhere in the form I have declared either of parents are British citizen.

Thanks in Advance,

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation through ILR 5 years route

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 26, 2022 10:34 am

lotus1234 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:15 am
Hi,

Can any one help with the below queries please?

Main applicant - ILR through 5 year T2 General, granted 23-May-2021
Dependent Spouse - ILR through PBS dependent 5 years, granted 29-Sep-2021
Dependent child - ILR through PBS dependent, granted 29-Sep-2021

1) Am I eligible to apply for naturalisation on 23-May itself? No absence outside UK for the last year.Yes, no harm waiting 1 more day either.

2) Can I include naturalisation application for my child with me even though child didn't complete 12 months after getting ILR?
Child is 10 years old.yes

3) Confused with the AN/MN1 terms. Is the online form I need to fill in termed as AN form? If I add child's application along with mine, will the online application is AN + MN1 forms combined?Yes, form asks if you have additional applicant

4) If I include child there is a question 'Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?
Is the answer YES?What do you think? Are you a parent?

5) Another question 'I would still like my child (as stated in this application) to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British citizenship is refused.'Yes, but entirely your choice
YES/NO which is most appropriate for this question?

6) In the documents section, it doesn't allow continue to declaration without ticking the below box.
If AAA(Childs Name) told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.
I crosschecked all data entered and nowhere in the form I have declared either of parents are British citizen.The form wasn't designed for you only. It's one form fits all. So it captures all aspects. Choose what concerns you.

Thanks in Advance,
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:09 pm

Thanks a lot Ticktack.

That answered most of my questions. Please can you clarify the below.

Is the answer YES?What do you think? Are you a parent?
Yes I am the parent and marked YES.

I crosschecked all data entered and nowhere in the form I have declared either of parents are British citizen.The form wasn't designed for you only. It's one form fits all. So it captures all aspects. Choose what concerns you.

This page doesn't allow me to continue unless I check all the documents including the above one.
Message comes as below.
Review your answers:
tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Thu May 26, 2022 7:30 pm

Can anyone answer this please?

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:57 am

Resolved! There is a statement in that page as follows.

From the list of documents below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it. If you are unsure about any of the evidence, read the guidance.

I think this is clear, I will tick all documents but will send only the applicable documents for my application.

Thanks