ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residency Card - Success

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residency Card - Success

Post by Sunshine82 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Good news! My husband applied for his EE2 Residency Card on the 26th February 2008. Now after more than 8 month, afer a few complaint letters to Home Office and informing our MP and SOLVIT he finnaly recieved his Residnecy Card. Actually, I don't think, all our complaint letters have helped, but we wanted to try everything.
The resicency Card is dated 23rd October, but we only got it on the 6th November.
I just hope, they finally move on and progress the residency cards faster, much faster.
To everyone who is still waitng, keep going, don't stop calling them, inform whoever you think might be able to help...
GOOD LUCK

eylemy
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Residency Card - Success

Post by eylemy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Sunshine82 wrote:Good news! My husband applied for his EE2 Residency Card on the 26th February 2008. Now after more than 8 month, afer a few complaint letters to Home Office and informing our MP and SOLVIT he finnaly recieved his Residnecy Card. Actually, I don't think, all our complaint letters have helped, but we wanted to try everything.
The resicency Card is dated 23rd October, but we only got it on the 6th November.
I just hope, they finally move on and progress the residency cards faster, much faster.
To everyone who is still waitng, keep going, don't stop calling them, inform whoever you think might be able to help...
GOOD LUCK
Hi,
Have they requested any additional documents before issuing the residence card? if so,how long did it take to receive the RC after you sent the documents?
I got a call from HO and they request more papers , but told me that they were going to send a letter for next day, still waiting.I have 4 weeks left for my holidays and it is very close, i did my application on 28th of March.
Many thanks.

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi,
Have they requested any additional documents before issuing the residence card? if so,how long did it take to receive the RC after you sent the documents?
I got a call from HO and they request more papers , but told me that they were going to send a letter for next day, still waiting.I have 4 weeks left for my holidays and it is very close, i did my application on 28th of March.
Many thanks.
Hi, they only asked us, to send recent payslips (from EEA member). They did this as a reply to our first complaint after 6 month waiting. I'm sorry to tell you, we still had to wait another 2 month, untill we got the residency card.
We got a letter today through our MP from home office, saying, the delays are because they are focusing on the "removal of foreign national prisoners . Thats why they are progressing the Residency Card not anymore in Croydon. Liverpool got extra work, thats why they are slow.
I know, it does not help you, does it? Does not make any change to the people who are waiting. But maybe they start moving abit faster now, once its all settled in!
Good luck for you holiday, I hope you get it in time!!

lezamalek
Newly Registered

Post by lezamalek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Congratulation.
What was your husband status before the RC? if i may ask

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Congratulation.
What was your husband status before the RC? if i may ask

Hi,
he came to England with a 6 month family permit (which expired half way through the waiting time)

rogerex

Hi

Post by rogerex » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:19 pm

I need advice, I'm thinking on appliying for a family permit, but this is my current situation:

1) Applied for a EEA2 6 months ago and now my current visa has expired
2) I have plane tickets to travel for december
3) Will it be advisable to withdrawn my application for EEA2 and apply for a family permit with the hope it will be issued sooner?

Thanks