ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Book Passport interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Book Passport interview

Post by Afrapasse » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:57 pm

Need help to book passport interview

I received email to book passport interview by calling 03000739034 or email
portsmouthCSN@homeoffice.gov.uk

I did call that number 100 times no one answer or line busy or cut after hold and no replay to email plz help me too book

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Book Passport interview

Post by Ticktack » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:30 am

Afrapasse wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:57 pm
Need help to book passport interview

I received email to book passport interview by calling 03000739034 or email
portsmouthCSN@homeoffice.gov.uk

I did call that number 100 times no one answer or line busy or cut after hold and no replay to email plz help me too book
Not sure that there's anyone here that can help you with this. If the HMPO have given you a clear instruction, you just have to do that.

You can also try 0300 222 0000 and hope someone on the line can help direct you.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:34 pm

Hi,
We got the same message 15 days ago. Nobody picked up the phone, therefore, we have emailed them, and just within 24 hours, received a phone call from PortsmouthCSN to book an interview (during this call, an interview was booked).
I hope this helps you as well.

cantstopit21
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by cantstopit21 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:20 pm

thakur71 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:34 pm
Hi,
We got the same message 15 days ago. Nobody picked up the phone, therefore, we have emailed them, and just within 24 hours, received a phone call from PortsmouthCSN to book an interview (during this call, an interview was booked).

Could you possibly tell me what availability they had in terms of booking an interview, can you book it for a time soon after the phone call

Cheers

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:19 am

In our case, the interview was fixed after 5 days, that was the first available date. I hope this will help you a little bit.

cantstopit21
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by cantstopit21 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:22 pm

thakur71 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:19 am
In our case, the interview was fixed after 5 days, that was the first available date. I hope this will help you a little bit.
Just to add to this, received an email asking to call them or email on same email above.

Turns out they do answer the phone but you can not book it through the phone and they just take your details to be called later to set up the interview. I managed to get Saturday for the earliest appointment (Wednesday today) so a quick turnaround.

Teams interview done at home through my mobile.

cantstopit21
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by cantstopit21 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:23 pm

thanks for the information Thakur71

MeNZ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MeNZ » Thu May 05, 2022 2:19 pm

thakur71 wrote:
Hi Thakur
I also received an email today saying they can’t confirm my identity so have emailed them my details. 5 days makes me feel better as I was imagining weeks before even hearing back from them.
Have you had your interview yet? Was it online and what did it involve, if you don’t mind me asking :)

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Fri May 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Hi , I did manage to talk to them after keep calling for few days at the end they told me you don't need interview and ignore the email because you're just got ur Naturalisation
The next day they aprove my Application then 4 days after I received my passport

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:26 am

Hi,

I have been sent an email to book an interview. I have tried the number since Saturday but it doesn’t go through. I have sent an email and it’s been more that 72 hrs and I haven’t heard back. Please direct me what to do.

Thank you.

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Fri May 27, 2022 12:13 pm

Just keep calling till they pick up I've been calling them for five days all day till they pick up

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:41 pm

Afrapasse wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:13 pm
Just keep calling till they pick up I've been calling them for five days all day till they pick up
I have a new number that the customer service have given. It works but they couldn’t book me because they said I need to have a letter from HMPO with a reference number before they can book me. Try it maybe u will be lucky. By the way I haven’t received any letter.
0300 222 1000 - first passport interview number. Call now and they should help. Let me know if you were able to book.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:54 pm

kiss300 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:41 pm
Afrapasse wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:13 pm
I have a new number that the customer service have given. It works but they couldn’t book me because they said I need to have a letter from HMPO with a reference number before they can book me. Try it maybe u will be lucky. By the way I haven’t received any letter.
0300 222 1000 - first passport interview number. Call now and they should help. Let me know if you were able to book.
@Afropasses, please ignore since you have already received your approval.
My question is did you receive any letter before booking the interview?

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:57 pm

thakur71 wrote:
Hi,

Please did you receive any letter before you were able to book your interview or before they booked you in for the interview?

They said I Need a letter with a particular reference before I can book this interview. Help here. Thank you

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi,
We have applied online, and we already have ref. number: PEX XXX XXX XXXX. HMPO sent the email to book the interview: The email text was following:
Dear XXX,

Application reference: PEX XXX XXX XXXX

You need to complete a routine passport interview. As a first-time applicant, we can’t print your new passport until we confirm your identity at the interview.

What you need to do
Phone to book an interview appointment within the next 2 weeks.

Interview appointment booking line
Telephone: 0300 0739 034

Tuesday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm

Sunday, Monday and public holidays, closed

If the appointment line is busy, email your name and phone number to portsmouthCSN@homeoffice.gov.uk and we’ll call you.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:33 pm

thakur71 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:25 pm
Hi,
We have applied online, and we already have ref. number: PEX XXX XXX XXXX. HMPO sent the email to book the interview: The email text was following:
Dear XXX,

Application reference: PEX XXX XXX XXXX

You need to complete a routine passport interview. As a first-time applicant, we can’t print your new passport until we confirm your identity at the interview.

What you need to do
Phone to book an interview appointment within the next 2 weeks.

Interview appointment booking line
Telephone: 0300 0739 034

Tuesday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm

Sunday, Monday and public holidays, closed

If the appointment line is busy, email your name and phone number to portsmouthCSN@homeoffice.gov.uk and we’ll call you.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

That is the same thing that I have but I am told that I will receive a letter and that is why I am finding out if you received a letter even after this email.

I have been given a new number to call and I called them only to be told I had to wait for a letter.

Afrapasse
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Afrapasse » Sat May 28, 2022 11:54 am

Hi they send me only email

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Sat May 28, 2022 3:46 pm

Afrapasse wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 11:54 am
Hi they send me only email
Thank you.

I have now received a call from the team who have now informed me that I do not need an interview so due to naturalising less than 12 month. So my passport should be with me in less than 4 days.

Thank you all for putting me at ease.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:02 pm

thakur71 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:34 pm
Hi,
I have had the same email yesterday but no call yet from Portsmouth. Called the 2221000 number mentioned here and I'm told the earliest appointment is 15 September! Ouch

albivalde
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by albivalde » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:50 pm

Hi there, thank you for all the information you provided. I have been sent the same email yesterday. It is impossible to get to the booking appointment line, as it is constantly busy. I have sent the email to PortsmouthCSN.... and they have not answered either. So, I called the passport advice line today and explained the situation, and they provided me with this email " InterviewHovhTechnicalSupport@hmpo.gov.uk" however, I think I got the spelling wrong somewhere, anyone who has used this email before to deal with this matter?.

Thank you so much,

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:17 pm

albivalde wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:50 pm
Hi there, thank you for all the information you provided. I have been sent the same email yesterday. It is impossible to get to the booking appointment line, as it is constantly busy. I have sent the email to PortsmouthCSN.... and they have not answered either. So, I called the passport advice line today and explained the situation, and they provided me with this email " InterviewHovhTechnicalSupport@hmpo.gov.uk" however, I think I got the spelling wrong somewhere, anyone who has used this email before to deal with this matter?.

Thank you so much,
Interesting. I called the 0300 222 1000 number and they told me they're unable to help and I should wait to hear back from PortsmouthCSN. Waiting times to hear back from them are 2 weeks then add the appointment time on top so looking at end of September for interview.