ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed Fiancee visa application form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Help needed Fiancee visa application form

Post by Angel_86 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:45 am

Hi guys, hope your well. New to site, I will be applying for my husband to come to the UK on a fiancee visa due to Bare talaq not done correctly. My Question is on the application form it asks my husbands married status. We are legally and islamically married but for the UK i guess our marriage is not valid as not my decree absolute date is after our marriage, so should he tick single? We will explain our situation on the extra note page, its just the marriage question we are confused about

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Help needed Fiancee visa application form

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 26, 2022 11:26 am

Angel_86 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:45 am
Hi guys, hope your well. New to site, I will be applying for my husband to come to the UK on a fiancee visa due to Bare talaq not done correctly. My Question is on the application form it asks my husbands married status. We are legally and islamically married but for the UK i guess our marriage is not valid as not my decree absolute date is after our marriage, so should he tick single? We will explain our situation on the extra note page, its just the marriage question we are confused about
I'm no expert in this, and I might be wrong. But if you have a legal document showing that you're married, then you're married! I know in some countries like the USA, they still do the 90 days fiancée stuff regardless of your wedding certificate.
But over here, you wedding certificate trumps all. You just need to prove that it's genuine and subsisting. You can't really call your legally married partner your fiancée anymore, it's contradictory.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:35 am

Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:26 am
But over here, you wedding certificate trumps all. You just need to prove that it's genuine and subsisting. You can't really call your legally married partner your fiancée anymore, it's contradictory.
The issue is, as the OP explained, is that her divorce decree absolute is dated after the marriage date and as they have to submit evidence that they were both free to marry for a spouse visa, the visa is likely to be refused as the OP was not free to marry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:35 am
Ticktack wrote:
The issue is, as the OP explained, is that her divorce decree absolute is dated after the marriage date and as they have to submit evidence that they were both free to marry for a spouse visa, the visa is likely to be refused as the OP was not free to marry.
My bad, I missed that. :oops:
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
I know many people like myself have been in similar situations with bare talaqs and applied for a fiance visa and have been succesful. So Should my husband tick single and then explain our situation on the more info page at the end, thank you

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:17 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am
CR001 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
My bad, I missed that. :oops:
thank you for taking the time and replying to my question

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:00 pm

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with the question what my partner needs to tick single or married.
Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 27, 2022 4:36 pm

Is your partner single or legally married?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:09 am

We both are islamically and legally married in Pakistan. The confusion is only because my bare talaq in Azad kashmir was done incorrectly due to domilcile,we wasnt aware of that it wont be accepted for visa purposes so i got a divorce through uk courts but now my second marriage date is before decree absolute and fiancee visa is the best way to bring my partner over. I have all the paper work just stuck on this question

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 28, 2022 1:24 am

You are right. It may be complicated.

Was the talaq divorce revoked?

If your current marriage is valid in the UK, then can you remarry (even to the same person) in the UK, without getting a divorce?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:04 am

My last divorce was completed from my ex husbands and at the time everything looked normal. I have even got a divorce verification letter from the tehsil muftis from azad kashmir confirmining the divorce. It was later on i realised altho legally im divorced in pakistan, in the eyes of UK law i may not be because of domicile rules that apply in Azad kashmir. Im a british born but my family is not from that part of pakistan we’re from the punjab where MFLO applies, it was only my ex that was from Azad kashmir.
I got married after that date but to stay on the safe side i went through british courts to get a decree absolute aswel but that is dated after my second marriage. So i guess that means they will look at the decree absolute and not the verification letter.
Im thinking to apply for a fiancee visa instead of spouse.
Please advise me i would be ever so grateful

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:20 am

I have 2 divorce certifiactes. 1 from Azad kashmir which is dated before my second marriage and the 2nd is the decree absolute which is dated after my second marriage.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 28, 2022 10:45 am

See also more caselaws. Are you sure that your talaq divorce was invalid in the UK?

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 11:26 am

Im assuming because its a bare talaq and the rules are different that side of pakistan. i dont know how to verify the divorce and to makesure the ECO will accept it,
But im legally divorced in Pakistan and not legally married

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 28, 2022 11:40 am

If not legally married, then tick “single”?

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 11:56 am

Im so sorry i meant my second marriage is legally registered in pakistan but because we will be applying for a fiancee visa due to the first divorce confusion should my husband tick single and declare our marriage in the further notes on why we applying for fiancee not spouse?
we are trying to be honest as we can

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 28, 2022 12:54 pm

Yes. Explain everything. If they agree that you are not legally married, then they may issue a six months fiancé visa. Else, if they think that you are legally married, then they may ask for payment of IHS and subsequently grant 33 months spouse leave with 3 months vignette.

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:11 pm

Thank you ever so much for your quick replies yes that does make sense, we’ll tick single n explain everything.

One more question im confused about the childrens they ask about. I have a 17 year old who does apprenticeship he lives with me, is he a dependant? and should i include him when doing my adquetmaintance cuz im on pip

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 12:54 pm
Yes. Explain everything. If they agree that you are not legally married, then they may issue a six months fiancé visa. Else, if they think that you are legally married, then they may ask for payment of IHS and subsequently grant 33 months spouse leave with 3 months vignette.
Should i include my pakistan divorce certificate and my UK one, Should i include my current marriage certificate?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 pm

I think child is your dependant.
Yes. Include all documents relating divorce and marriage. Hopefully, they may help you determine your legal martial status with respect to your circumstances.

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:12 pm

I dont get any benefits for my 17 year old because hes doing a apprentieship so does that mean i wont have to include him when calculating the adquate maintance test

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:31 pm

Can i also ask someone in regards to the property inspection report and the landlord permisdion letter, will both the documents have to be no more than 12 weeks old?
Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:32 am

A property inspection report is optional. But providing a false one may lead to a refusal.

Angel_86
United Kingdom

Post by Angel_86 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Thank you for the reply.
No both will be origional from the council.
How old should they be when we submit the application. Is it 12 weeks or 28 days

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:26 am

Angel_86 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:20 pm
Thank you for the reply.
No both will be origional from the council.
How old should they be when we submit the application. Is it 12 weeks or 28 days
As much as possible keep within 28days.