ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on which ILR is considered "granted" when applying for UK citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pulak25
Newly Registered
India

Date on which ILR is considered "granted" when applying for UK citizenship

Post by pulak25 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:34 am

My ILR BRP has a date of issue of 18th June 2021. This was also the date on which I was notified via email from the Home Office that my ILR application was successful.

But, I only received my ILR BRP through post on 30th June 2021.

I'm planning to apply for UK citizenship now. When am I expected to have completed 12 months of stay under the ILR? (Ie, when is the earliest I can apply for UK citizenship?) From 19th June 2022 (which is one year after the date of issue on my ILR BRP and the date I was notified of my successful application for ILR) or from 1st July 2022 (which is when the ILR BRP was physically delivered to me)?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Date on which ILR is considered "granted" when applying for UK citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:05 am

The date of notification email.
I would always leave it a few days more, no need to rush and potentially make mistakes in the application.
Please keep all posts in one thread.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Date on which ILR is considered "granted" when applying for UK citizenship

Post by mesn » Fri May 27, 2022 6:20 pm

pulak25 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:34 am
My ILR BRP has a date of issue of 18th June 2021. This was also the date on which I was notified via email from the Home Office that my ILR application was successful.

But, I only received my ILR BRP through post on 30th June 2021.

I'm planning to apply for UK citizenship now. When am I expected to have completed 12 months of stay under the ILR? (Ie, when is the earliest I can apply for UK citizenship?) From 19th June 2022 (which is one year after the date of issue on my ILR BRP and the date I was notified of my successful application for ILR) or from 1st July 2022 (which is when the ILR BRP was physically delivered to me)?

Thanks
I also went with the date on the ILR card, which was 4 days later than the approval eMail. You should be good as you would upload the BRP copy as well.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022