ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO not receiving any passport!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zamaha
Member of Standing

HMPO not receiving any passport!

Post by zamaha » Sat May 28, 2022 1:49 pm

Dear members.
I have applied for my first British passport on 22nd of May and the same day my friend confirmed my identity.
I posted all the documents the next day to Liverpool on 23rd by RM gauranteed next day delivery, however, it has not been delivered yet!! And it just shows due to for delivery today every day!!
I called RM and I have been told it is not their fault but The passport office is not accepting anymore passports now and hence, not sign for it!!!
Could you please let me know if anybody else is in the same situation? What does it mean? I am worried my documents get lost!

rv2010
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: HMPO not receiving any passport!

Post by rv2010 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:16 pm

Someone in the passport timeline posted just today the exact same problem and even though RM tracking says that it wasn't delivered, HMPO still acknowledged receipt a couple of weeks later. They said the reason is that HMPO doesn't always sign for items as they are delivered in bulk.

Anyway, you can see the post yourself. If you go to the passport timeline, at the bottom of page 349, you'll see the post by user: zhishi.

Alismith
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alismith » Sat May 28, 2022 9:59 pm

Hi

Same thing happened to me when i applied for my passport on 19th. Documents were sent to Liverpool passport office using Royal Mail special delivery, however it showed ready for delivery but status never changed to delivered.

When i rang up RM to enquire they confirmed the delivery and said its a normal with the passport office address.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sun May 29, 2022 3:16 am

Thank you both for the reply. It is so ensuring!