ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple BRP Cards

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moal11
United Kingdom

Multiple BRP Cards

Post by moal11 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:48 pm

Dear All,
I am in the process to apply for the naturalization for my wife. However, my question is regarding the date from which I should apply for the naturalization. She received one ILR BRP card in June then another one in August last year (2021). Of course both are with different dates and numbers. There was no mistake when she received the first and this makes us surprised when the second arrived. We tried to ask the UKVI but without any clear answer, but only the first one is just cancelled. So should I apply for her on June or wait till August?

Many thanks....

Regards,
Moal

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Multiple BRP Cards

Post by Casa » Sun May 29, 2022 1:57 pm

It would be helpful to clarify what information the UKVI hold regarding your wife's immigration history. Apply online for a Subject Access Request (SAR)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Sun May 29, 2022 2:03 pm

Hi Casa,
I tried that but no answer came from them 2 months so far. Should I apply in June or it will be risky.

Regards,
Moal

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 29, 2022 2:31 pm

As there's only one month's difference, I would wait until August to submit the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Sun May 29, 2022 3:40 pm

Many thanks Casa, it is 2 months so not a big deal.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Moal

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi Casa,
I received the SAR outcome and it shows that the ILR approval date is the one in June not August. Actually, there is no mention for the BRP one issued in August. So as I understand when we apply for application it is the approval date we are after not the BRP dates. This means I could apply for my wife from now (June). Am I correct?

Regards,
Moal

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:44 pm

Dear All,
I received the SAR outcome and it shows that the ILR approval date is the one in June not August. Actually, there is no mention for the BRP one issued in August. So as I understand when we apply for application it is the approval date we are after not the BRP dates. This means I could apply for my wife from now (June). Am I correct?

Regards,
Moal

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:11 am

Yes, you can apply from now with reference to approval date.

moal11
United Kingdom

Post by moal11 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:18 am

Thanks a lot for clarification.

Regards,
Moal