ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contact my local mp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Conansenshe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Contact my local mp

Post by Conansenshe » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:42 am

Hi all

I've applied for naturalisation on 12/10/2021 and since then I haven't received a decision on my application.
I've received an automated email last week saying

"""We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because we are currently handling significant volumes of applications, some of which have passed their target date for completion. It is regrettable that on this occasion we have been unable to process your application within the expected timescale. I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible"""

It's been over 6 months and they didn't even provide any date for the application to be decided.

Has anyone contacted their MP before regarding the same issue I have? If so could you please provide a sample email to send to my local MP to try and speed up the process.
Many thanks

Metal_Silver10
Newly Registered

Re: Contact my local mp

Post by Metal_Silver10 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:53 am

Hi

I applied for my naturalisation in June 2021 and am still awaiting a decision..I have recently contacted my MP who has written to the Home Office..I am just waiting for a reply from him

Conansenshe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Conansenshe » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:25 am

Metal_Silver10 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:53 am
Hi

I applied for my naturalisation in June 2021 and am still awaiting a decision..I have recently contacted my MP who has written to the Home Office..I am just waiting for a reply from him
Could you please Let me know what did you write in your email to the MP. I just want an example to follow.
Thanks

Conansenshe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Conansenshe » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:43 pm

Anyone have done it before please don't hesitate to help 🙏🏽

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:51 pm

There is no fixed format. Just mention your full contact details when reaching our to your MP.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

Sal2022
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sal2022 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:11 pm

Hi

I am in the same situation and applied on 10/2022 and still waiting, have you sent any letter via your local mp?

that help?

iyadsalti
United Kingdom

Post by iyadsalti » Mon May 30, 2022 2:48 pm

A frined of mine in same situation, applied 14 Oct, and got the same email as the above a few weeks ago. He is thinking of dropping the MP an email in the next 2 weeks. It seems as many mid-Oct applications are delayed.