ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for training in Uk for my relative

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

optimist
Newly Registered

visa for training in Uk for my relative

Post by optimist » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:54 pm

friends
One of my realtives wants to come to Uk as a trainee with one of the companies.Does he require any visa for the same or he can train with the company with a visiting visa.Please can anyone guide me through the process.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:34 pm

Visiting Visa is as it suggests...to visit, not to work.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: visa for training in Uk for my relative

Post by sakura » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:50 pm

optimist wrote:friends
One of my realtives wants to come to Uk as a trainee with one of the companies.Does he require any visa for the same or he can train with the company with a visiting visa.Please can anyone guide me through the process.
He most certainly cannot work on a tourist visa, as Casa has written already. If the company even thinks of employing him when he only holds a tourist visa, they are liable for a hefty fine.

I suspect that this position does not qualify for Tier 1/2 working visas, so unless he qualifies for the working holiday visa (or its replacement, whose name I have forgotten), there is little chance of the company succeeding in obtaining working permission for him. What kind of role will he have? In what field is the company?