ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

G Dog
Ireland

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by G Dog » Wed May 04, 2022 5:07 pm

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 3:24 pm
Does DFA webchat actually works or is it a scam? I used it a few times few years ago for my kids passport and i would secure a "green chat box" fairly easily but now i am refreshing constantly and it's unavailable. Also it became available for a brief interval but i could not get into the chat because it wasn't available for long enough to allow me to enter my details despite the fact i was copy pasting.
I've used them several times, but they're hopeless to be honest - they can't really tell you any different than what is on the tracker. You've got the best chance getting them just after 9 am (Dublin time). You need to keep refreshing the page, but if you persevere you'll get through in the end.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu May 05, 2022 6:30 pm

I paid online on 30/04 and posted the documents on 03/05 and confirmed received on 04/05.

The tracker still shows documents not received. How long does it take to get this updated?

I called the customer service bloody useless. They cannot confirm anything and ask me to wait.

brainiacghost
United Kingdom

Post by brainiacghost » Thu May 05, 2022 9:53 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:30 pm
I paid online on 30/04 and posted the documents on 03/05 and confirmed received on 04/05.

The tracker still shows documents not received. How long does it take to get this updated?

I called the customer service bloody useless. They cannot confirm anything and ask me to wait.
I paid online 11/04, posted documents 22/04, an post confirmed delivery 26/04, tracker updated yesterday 04/05, so it's about a week betweeen postage receipt and tracker updating (which is in line with their website which says 5 working days).

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:17 pm

Today my passport status has changed from processing to printing and from printing to dispatched, and from dispatched to printing passport card.

I did not see anpost tracking number on the status as others claim? What's going on? :roll:

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Fri May 06, 2022 5:07 pm

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 3:24 pm
Does DFA webchat actually works or is it a scam? I used it a few times few years ago for my kids passport and i would secure a "green chat box" fairly easily but now i am refreshing constantly and it's unavailable. Also it became available for a brief interval but i could not get into the chat because it wasn't available for long enough to allow me to enter my details despite the fact i was copy pasting.
I had to refresh the page at 9am on the dot and was 12th in line. Any other time and it's not available. A lot of people are trying to chat at once.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:07 pm

I think it's waste of time trying to get hold of them

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:07 pm
It was useful chatting with them, from my experience. I was told my application was at the end of the process, that my passport would be printed soon given how far along my application was processed, and that they didn't need my original passport anymore. The agent asked me if I would like to request my original passport back since it was no longer needed on their end. Got my original passport the next day.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Sun May 08, 2022 8:08 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm
GoWentGone123 wrote:
It was useful chatting with them, from my experience. I was told my application was at the end of the process, that my passport would be printed soon given how far along my application was processed, and that they didn't need my original passport anymore. The agent asked me if I would like to request my original passport back since it was no longer needed on their end. Got my original passport the next day.

If they no longer require your original passport it should be automatically returned immediately. No need to ask applicants. Many applications have no knowledge that their original documents need to be requested. This is really worrying because now I have to be chasing them to request my original documents back.

I could not get hold of anyone from the chat. The telephone lines are better but they could not tell me any more than what's on the tracking.

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Mon May 09, 2022 4:09 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:17 pm
Today my passport status has changed from processing to printing and from printing to dispatched, and from dispatched to printing passport card.

I did not see anpost tracking number on the status as others claim? What's going on? :roll:
I only got the passport book tracking number once the car got dispatched as well. I got both. But I had already received the passport book since it was dispatched before. So that will probably happen to you. If you live in ROI no signature required, so you'll get it soon

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 am

NF13 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:08 pm
_pikachu wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm
GoWentGone123 wrote:

If they no longer require your original passport it should be automatically returned immediately. No need to ask applicants. Many applications have no knowledge that their original documents need to be requested. This is really worrying because now I have to be chasing them to request my original documents back.

I could not get hold of anyone from the chat. The telephone lines are better but they could not tell me any more than what's on the tracking.
I don't think you have to chase them. The protocol is the original passport is returned, with all documents, after the Irish passport has been dispatched. Not saying it is ideal, but everything takes time in Ireland.

brainiacghost
United Kingdom

Post by brainiacghost » Tue May 31, 2022 10:56 am

Spoke to the webchat today (application recieved 11th April, documents received 26th April and stuck on Verifying Documents since 4th May, with an estimated due date 9th June). I asked about document return and they've now requested the return of my documents and confirmed it's still estimated at the 9th June.

Sunflower35
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sunflower35 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:05 am

Hello everyone,

Online application: 11 may
Posted documents same day and as per an post delivered: 12 may
19 days later still not scanned to the system ?
Is this Normal ? Was able to chat with someone after trying for more then 3 hours, only to be told that there is a big back log but they won’t confirm if they have my documents all they said was that as per an post it was delivered but we can’t confirm??
Is this normal guys , any suggestions/advice will be appreciated.

duffy1867
European Union

Post by duffy1867 » Tue May 31, 2022 11:16 am

Could I ask a quick question in relation to witnesses please?

I am planning to use a Lecturer friend of mine, however I know for a fact that he's mostly teaching and rarely logs into his phone (or at his desk) - do they contact witnesses, and if so, should I find someone else who is more desk based?

NPLC
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NPLC » Tue May 31, 2022 12:40 pm

duffy1867 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:16 am

I am planning to use a Lecturer friend of mine, however I know for a fact that he's mostly teaching and rarely logs into his phone (or at his desk) - do they contact witnesses, and if so, should I find someone else who is more desk based?
I would suggest you go to the Garda station to be on the safe side. Things like what you are thinking of doing is what delays lot people's passport applications.
Garda station is the only recommended place to sign your witness form I think, correct me if am wrong please.

duffy1867
European Union

Post by duffy1867 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm

NPLC wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:40 pm
duffy1867 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:16 am

I would suggest you go to the Garda station to be on the safe side. Things like what you are thinking of doing is what delays lot people's passport applications.
Garda station is the only recommended place to sign your witness form I think, correct me if am wrong please.
Thanks for the reply - as I understand it, the Garda is only an option in Ireland, and as I am based in the UK I will need another option?

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Tue May 31, 2022 3:37 pm

Does it take long for them to return your original documents after they send you the passport?

Zancolfry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Zancolfry » Tue May 31, 2022 6:09 pm

Zancolfry wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:14 pm
The people who I've seen post that they sent certified copies of their passports looked to be FBRs or people living in other countries. It appears that if you are applying from another country, you aren't requested to send your other passport unless it is being sent as a form of ID.

As a naturalized citizen living in Ireland, my list of required documents indicated my original passport be sent in. That said, I have travel in June that has been booked for over a year. I couldn't take the chance of there being an issue with my application and my passport being held on to for months on end. So I sent a certified copy of my US passport instead of the original.

I'm still in the verifying documents stage. I was going to wait to see what happened before I posted about sending the certified copy, but since this question popped up I figured I'd add my two cents. If the original is requested, I'll wait until after my June travel and send it in. I'll still be within the six months.

As we are all citizens requesting first-time passports, I find it odd that different documents are requested, but that is probably a whole thread on its own.
I just wanted to check back in to let everyone know that my certified copy of my passport from my original country was accepted without any issue and I received my Irish passport yesterday. I'm still waiting for my passport card and the return of my documents, but the main hurdle has been cleared. Good luck everyone!

ankuagg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ankuagg » Tue May 31, 2022 9:40 pm

Applied passport on 3rd April and estimate date was 27th May... Date has been passed and application is still in "Being Processed" Stage... after struggling to connect to webchat, find one agent but there is not concrete answer of why application is still in "being processed" stage... no answer if provided documents are correct or not.... it seems whole process is like "slow Poison" and give stress only...

SamH
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SamH » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:00 pm

Zancolfry wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:09 pm
Zancolfry wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:14 pm
The people who I've seen post that they sent certified copies of their passports looked to be FBRs or people living in other countries. It appears that if you are applying from another country, you aren't requested to send your other passport unless it is being sent as a form of ID.

As a naturalized citizen living in Ireland, my list of required documents indicated my original passport be sent in. That said, I have travel in June that has been booked for over a year. I couldn't take the chance of there being an issue with my application and my passport being held on to for months on end. So I sent a certified copy of my US passport instead of the original.

I'm still in the verifying documents stage. I was going to wait to see what happened before I posted about sending the certified copy, but since this question popped up I figured I'd add my two cents. If the original is requested, I'll wait until after my June travel and send it in. I'll still be within the six months.

As we are all citizens requesting first-time passports, I find it odd that different documents are requested, but that is probably a whole thread on its own.
I just wanted to check back in to let everyone know that my certified copy of my passport from my original country was accepted without any issue and I received my Irish passport yesterday. I'm still waiting for my passport card and the return of my documents, but the main hurdle has been cleared. Good luck everyone!
Good news - thanks for the update Zancolfry!

corkms
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by corkms » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:08 am

I wonder if this increase in staff will help matters in any way.

"Passport office staff numbers set to more than double"

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2022/0 ... rt-office/

ankuagg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ankuagg » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:08 am

corkms wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:08 am
I wonder if this increase in staff will help matters in any way.

"Passport office staff numbers set to more than double"

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2022/0 ... rt-office/
First they need to digitalised the process.. It seems all offices are still working in 1900 years and doing all manual work. Increasing staff will not solve the issue in coming 3-4 months, as they need training and take time to understand the process..

Secondly Department should automatically issue to naturalised people with coordination b/w two offices. it will reduce work load automatically

ncponyboy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ncponyboy » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:06 pm

Application received March 3rd, expected date was May 24th but that has passed. I was lucky enough to get someone from the passport office on the phone but he just very nicely said, yes it's passed and there is nothing they can do about it. He hinted that it hasn't been looked at yet but all I can do is wait. When added to the FBR process, I'm going on three years waiting for this. Fingers crossed that they will get some help.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Does passport office works on weekends and/or on bank holidays? My passport application status updated with today's time. It didn't update to anything new, it remains same as of last few days but just the time change.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:47 pm

I think they might well be working on the weekend but would only change the statuses of all progressing applications on a working day to avoid things becoming too obvious

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:19 pm

ncponyboy wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Application received March 3rd, expected date was May 24th but that has passed. I was lucky enough to get someone from the passport office on the phone but he just very nicely said, yes it's passed and there is nothing they can do about it. He hinted that it hasn't been looked at yet but all I can do is wait. When added to the FBR process, I'm going on three years waiting for this. Fingers crossed that they will get some help.
Woah! I applied for my Irish passport in March(the exact date can be seen on the timeline 2022 forum) and I received mine in a little over a month. Awful that yours was not looked at. Note: I got citizenship via naturalisation, applied early 2020 for that.