ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to upload questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Documents to upload questions

Post by SilverBeaver » Sun May 22, 2022 12:36 pm

Hi,

I've submitted my application and there's a few things I'm confused about:
1) Do I need to print, sign and scan a consent form if the application is only for myself? The title of the doc says Family consent but it also says it should be included with the other documents so I'm not sure I need one.
2) On the UKVCAS website, I only have one section under mandatory documents where it says 'Passport issued by [my country]'. I'm assuming I should just add all essential checklist documents in this section anyway and not in the optional section where there's actual headings for them?
3) Will I need to take all of these docs with me to the BRP app or just the passport?

Thanks so much for all your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Documents to upload questions

Post by AmazonianX » Sun May 22, 2022 12:52 pm

SilverBeaver wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi,

I've submitted my application and there's a few things I'm confused about:
1) Do I need to print, sign and scan a consent form if the application is only for myself? Yes The title of the doc says Family consent but it also says it should be included with the other documents so I'm not sure I need one.
2) On the UKVCAS website, I only have one section under mandatory documents where it says 'Passport issued by [my country]'. I'm assuming I should just add all essential checklist documents in this section anyway and not in the optional section where there's actual headings for them? Sections doesn't matter as much as ensuring that all supporting documents are uploaded.
3) Will I need to take all of these docs with me to the BRP app or just the passport? If self upload done properly, taking along in electronic format can do.

Thanks so much for all your help.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am

Hi,
I have another question on the biometrics appointment - I've applied a few days ago, paid and submitted documents via UKVCAS and I'm still waiting for an email to confirm I need an appointment. I noticed some people here mentioning in their timeline that biometrics happened 2 or even one day after the submission of documents. Is there any reason why this varies from person to person and should I be worried that I haven't received an invite yet? Thanks!

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 am

When did you submit your application, SilverBeaver? I applied on Monday 23rd May, and also still waiting for an email confirming I should book an appointment. I've checked the timelines thread, and it seems most people receive a confirmation within 5-6 working days of their application, so hopefully we'll hear back today or early next week.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Fri May 27, 2022 8:47 am

I submitted on Saturday 21st but the payment went out on Monday 23rd, so today would be the 5th working day, same as yours. Fingers crossed we hear back today, I hope you're right!

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:15 am

Fingers crossed! Not sure if the day you submit the application / payment goes through is day '0' or day '1', but hopefully not too long now. I'll make sure to update the thread when I get the email. It's slightly annoying, as I'm an EU citizen, so never had biometrics done before, and I stated this in my application, but still have to wait for the go-ahead to book my appointment.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Fri May 27, 2022 9:39 am

I am in the exact same situation, you would think that if you stated you've never had biometrics taken before, that should be enough to be able to book an appointment straight away rather than wait for an invite. I'll also update as soon as I hear back. Good luck.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 27, 2022 11:35 am

SilverBeaver wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am
Hi,
I have another question on the biometrics appointment - I've applied a few days ago, paid and submitted documents via UKVCAS and I'm still waiting for an email to confirm I need an appointment. I noticed some people here mentioning in their timeline that biometrics happened 2 or even one day after the submission of documents. Is there any reason why this varies from person to person and should I be worried that I haven't received an invite yet? Thanks!
Someone.of these don't have ready answers. Each applicant's experience varies in one way or the other. Wait to hear about your appointment and proceed from there.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:41 pm

SilverBeaver wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:39 am
I am in the exact same situation, you would think that if you stated you've never had biometrics taken before, that should be enough to be able to book an appointment straight away rather than wait for an invite. I'll also update as soon as I hear back. Good luck.
Hi SilverBeaver, wondering if you've had any response yet? On the other hand, I've been able to confirm with UKVCAS we're OK to submit our supporting documents on their platform before we get the email.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Tue May 31, 2022 1:00 pm

No unfortunately not. Today is the 7th working day and in the UKVCAS "important information" email it actually said it would take within 7-10 working days. I'm hoping it will be today or tomorrow so we don't have to wait until after the bank holidays! I will post an update when I've heard back.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Tue May 31, 2022 5:12 pm

Hi tiknird1, I still haven't received an email but I logged in on the UKVCAS website and the status message changed from wait to receive an answer, to confirming I cannot use the IDV app and I need to book an appointment. I am also seeing available slots, so not sure if I should go for it already or wait for the email. I might wait until tomorrow and book an appointment then to be safe. Just giving you a heads up that it might be the same on your account.

tiknird1
European Union

Post by tiknird1 » Tue May 31, 2022 7:30 pm

SilverBeaver wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:12 pm
Hi tiknird1, I still haven't received an email but I logged in on the UKVCAS website and the status message changed from wait to receive an answer, to confirming I cannot use the IDV app and I need to book an appointment. I am also seeing available slots, so not sure if I should go for it already or wait for the email. I might wait until tomorrow and book an appointment then to be safe. Just giving you a heads up that it might be the same on your account.
Hi SilverBeaver, thank you for the update! I got my email this afternoon confirming I should book an appointment. The email comes from FES Appointments - no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk if you want to double check your inbox. My UKVCAS now also says 'You cannot use the UKVCAS IDV app to complete your application. You must book and attend a UKVCAS appointment and can upload your supporting documents to complete your application.', and I can see available slots, so I feel like you're probably good to go ahead and book it.