ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDV App or UKVCAS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Re: IDV App or UKVCAS

Post by khalidhaku » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:13 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:58 am
skflavorfeast2020 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:42 am
I will do the application on 2nd Jun. My question is how can we take pictures on both the applicant on IDV? Is their any option for 2 or I can use UKVCAS system instead of IDV? If I do IDV can we still need biometric or just face ID.
You are getting ahead of yourself. About a week after you have applied, the Home Office will let you know wether you can supply pictures via the app, or wether you have to take a biometrics appointment. Before that, you cannot do anything: you cannot book biometrics appointment, and you cannot use the app. You need to wait for their confirmation on which route you need to take, it is not up to you to choose.

So just apply and wait for the Home Office email (it will come about 7-10 days after paying online). Then when you know which route you need to go, come back and ask any questions you may have.
Sorry Dear, do I upload documents on UKVCAS after completion of all process mean payment etc etc or wait for home office email?

Thanks

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:21 am

khalidhaku wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:13 am

Sorry Dear, do I upload documents on UKVCAS after completion of all process mean payment etc etc or wait for home office email?

Thanks
I believe there are two ways to upload documents: either on UKVCAS, or on the app.

I know for sure that if you are told to book a biometrics appointment (instead of using the app) then you have to upload documents on UKVCAS. And you can upload documents on UKVCAS anytime, even before you get the email telling you which route to follow.

What I do not know is, in the case that you are told to submit your picture on the app (instead of a biometrics appointment), if you have to upload your documents on the app. I do not know if you can upload documents to UKVCAS and do picture on the app (mix and match).

So... you could go ahead and upload documents on UKCVAS then later realise you have to use the app. Not a big deal, you can always delete/upload to the app, but just saying.

Any other member has first-hand experience on where to upload documents if using the app?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:26 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:21 am
khalidhaku wrote:

Thanks
I believe there are two ways to upload documents: either on UKVCAS, or on the app.

I know for sure that if you are told to book a biometrics appointment (instead of using the app) then you have to upload documents on UKVCAS. And you can upload documents on UKVCAS anytime, even before you get the email telling you which route to follow.

What I do not know is, in the case that you are told to submit your picture on the app (instead of a biometrics appointment), if you have to upload your documents on the app. I do not know if you can upload documents to UKVCAS and do picture on the app (mix and match).

So... you could go ahead and upload documents on UKCVAS then later realise you have to use the app. Not a big deal, you can always delete/upload to the app, but just saying.

Any other member has first-hand experience on where to upload documents if using the app?
If using the app then all documents have to be uploaded within the app.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:27 am

chriskv1 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:26 am
OK makes sense. Thanks.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:34 am

chriskv1 wrote:
kamoe wrote:
khalidhaku wrote:

Thanks

Thank you much dear xxx

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:35 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:27 am
chriskv1 wrote:
OK makes sense. Thanks.
Very grateful xxx

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:44 am

chriskv1 wrote:
kamoe wrote:
khalidhaku wrote:

Thanks

well it doesnt metter if you upload docs in ukvacs they will show in the app app is the mobile version of the website

skflavorfeast2020
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by skflavorfeast2020 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:58 am
skflavorfeast2020 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:42 am
I will do the application on 2nd Jun. My question is how can we take pictures on both the applicant on IDV? Is their any option for 2 or I can use UKVCAS system instead of IDV? If I do IDV can we still need biometric or just face ID.
You are getting ahead of yourself. About a week after you have applied, the Home Office will let you know wether you can supply pictures via the app, or wether you have to take a biometrics appointment. Before that, you cannot do anything: you cannot book biometrics appointment, and you cannot use the app. You need to wait for their confirmation on which route you need to take, it is not up to you to choose.

So just apply and wait for the Home Office email (it will come about 7-10 days after paying online). Then when you know which route you need to go, come back and ask any questions you may have.
Bundle of thanks Kamoe