ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult Passport Delay Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Firsadu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

First Adult Passport Delay Query

Post by Firsadu » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Hello all,

I applied by passport on 13 April after my ILR. I have an urgent travel requirement (for work) on 13 June.

I have contacted by MP, HMPO via phone, Twitter, several upgrade emails etc. but have had no luck whatsoever.

There are hundreds of people on social-media posting about going straight to the passport office which is processing your application with your flight tickets and ID - 48hours before your flight. There are hundreds and hundreds of passport being printed on the spot in 4-6hours once they've seen someone in the office. The passport office is also organising a queue for 24-48hours at all passport offices for expedited application and/or whose flight is in the next 24-48hours.

My question is: Is this also valid for someone who has applied for their first adult passport after getting an ILR in April 2022? (i.e. if I go with my flight ticket to Peterborough office, will I also be seen in the 24-48hours before my flight?) :cry:

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First Adult Passport Delay Query

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Is there an official source for this?
Many passport applicants on here in the same position would be interested in this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Firsadu wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:10 pm
Hello all,

I applied by passport on 13 April after my ILR. I have an urgent travel requirement (for work) on 13 June.

I have contacted by MP, HMPO via phone, Twitter, several upgrade emails etc. but have had no luck whatsoever.

There are hundreds of people on social-media posting about going straight to the passport office which is processing your application with your flight tickets and ID - 48hours before your flight. There are hundreds and hundreds of passport being printed on the spot in 4-6hours once they've seen someone in the office. The passport office is also organising a queue for 24-48hours at all passport offices for expedited application and/or whose flight is in the next 24-48hours.

My question is: Is this also valid for someone who has applied for their first adult passport after getting an ILR in April 2022? (i.e. if I go with my flight ticket to Peterborough office, will I also be seen in the 24-48hours before my flight?) :cry:
How do you apply for a British Passport after getting ILR? I'm sure I'm missing something here.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:32 pm

OP's passport timeline states "first passport after naturalisation".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Firsadu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Firsadu » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:56 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:33 pm
Is there an official source for this?
Many passport applicants on here in the same position would be interested in this.
There is no official source for this - sadly, and I was avoiding to post the below links, but guess it might help for you to read:
1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/483628376480720
2. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2124876337660382

Again, apologies, not the sort of source I aim to share, but haven't got a choice.

Firsadu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Firsadu » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:58 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:56 pm
How do you apply for a British Passport after getting ILR? I'm sure I'm missing something here.
[/quote]

Apologies, should have said naturalisation. @alterhase58 has kindly pointed it out (thanks!).