ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult Passport after Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zain Ali
Mood:
United Kingdom

First Adult Passport after Naturalisation

Post by Zain Ali » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:59 pm

I m stuck at the stage of confirming identity. I don't know anyone with mention professions so is there any other way of getting British passport. Coz I can’t think of any refrees. I m not a very social person.

rv2010
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: First Adult Passport after Naturalisation

Post by rv2010 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:33 pm

Hi. Referring to this document, which is a list of guidance notes for HMPO staff confirming the IDs of referees:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ATION_.pdf

On page 9, it lists the acceptable recognised proffessions, but it also says:
"It is not a complete list, and any alternatives a customer provides must be considered"

And on page 30, in the section titled 'The person confirming an identity is unqualified', it says:
"If you (the examiner) have an application where the countersignatory or digital referee, is an unqualified person. You can accept them if the application has no fraud indicators and the countersignatory or digital referee:
  • is 70 years old or older
  • fulfils the rest of the criteria to confirm the customer’s identity but are not in (or retired) from a recognised profession
  • can produce original documents to confirm their identity

For example, a person can countersign an application if they are the customer’s retired next door neighbour who was a cleaner.
"

Actually, there's a whole seciton on when HMPO staff can use discretion on an application starting on page 30 which is well worth a read.

So I think there is still hope even if you don't know anyone whose proffession is on the approved list.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:15 am

Zain Ali wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:59 pm
I m not a very social person.
Are you employed in a VAT-registered company? A director or manager of such a company can be a referee.

And do you not know a single British citizen (unrelated to you) with a British passport? Your landlord/neighbours may be able to help.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:39 am

If you have an eligible referee from your naturalisation application, then use him/her?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.