ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's First Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child's First Passport

Post by Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:41 am

Hi All. I greatly appreciate your help.

When child was born I had ILR (Settled status). What document do I need to send to HMPO ? We are Non EU parents. I am a father and I have ILR under EU Scheme, my wife has spouse visa.

I have send child’s Birth Certificate and just a reference number from email (ILR confirmation) but HMPO asked -- "Registration or Naturalisation certificate if this is how he/she became a British citizen) issued by the relevant authority or a replacement obtained by them" -- which I don't have it.

Now shall I print out and send attached letter to the email from Home Office which they confirm I have ILR or I have to send my ILR to HMPO ?
Or I have to send both the letter from Home office and ILR ?

vinny

Re: Child's First Passport

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:52 am

Do you have an ILR BRC? And was the child born in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Nate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:34 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:49 am
See also Viewing and proving your status online.
Thanks for reply, I logged in, saw my immigration status but no date shown.

Nate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:44 am

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:52 am
Do you have an ILR BRC? And was the child born in the UK?
Thank you for your reply. Sorry I forgot to mention, child was born in UK January 2022. I have ILR BRC. I was granted ILR under EUSS in March 2019. Then changed from permenant residence card to ILR, I got ILR BRC in January 2021.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 am

The date of grant of a parent’s settled status, prior to a UK born child’s birth, is critical to confer British citizenship to the said child.

If you also have a document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card, then perhaps you can use that too.

Perhaps complain about the absence of the settled status issue date in your digital evidence?

Moreover, if you naturalise, then they may also delete your settled status information, analogous to instructing people to destroy and return their ILR BRP. If child’s British passport was lost, stolen or damaged, then HMPO may require the same evidence again?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Nate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nate » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:38 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:15 am
The date of grant of a parent’s settled status, prior to a UK born child’s birth, is critical to confer British citizenship to the said child.

If you also have a document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card, then perhaps you can use that too.

Perhaps complain about the absence of the settled status issue date in your digital evidence?

Moreover, if you naturalise, then they may also delete your settled status information, analogous to instructing people to destroy and return their ILR BRP. If child’s British passport was lost, stolen or damaged, then HMPO may require the same evidence again?
Thanks for your reply. I will complain about the date.

They have child's birth certificate. I will send ILR confirmation letter from Home Office.

Also shall I send ILR BRP?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am

Nate wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:38 am
If you have one, then yes. HMPO like hard, physical proof.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:36 am

Yes. Don’t lose it.
secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am
HMPO like hard, physical proof.
Wonder what HMPO thinks of UKVI’s digital only policy?

Nate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nate » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:44 am

secret.simon wrote:
Nate wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:38 am
If you have one, then yes. HMPO like hard, physical proof.
Thanks, I will send BRP.

Nate
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Nate » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:36 am
Yes. Don’t lose it.
secret.simon wrote:
HMPO like hard, physical proof.
Wonder what HMPO thinks of UKVI’s digital only policy?
I think that would be great :)