ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect SW Dependent Application - Refund Process

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sinfinity
Newly Registered
India

Incorrect SW Dependent Application - Refund Process

Post by Sinfinity » Fri May 13, 2022 8:35 am

Hello Experts,

I had applied for my new born's visa as Skilled Worker Dependent. After submitting the application (lets call it Application1) and making payment I realised I made some mistakes. I wasn't sure of how to ratify the mistakes so I simply made a fresh application (lets call it Application2). Eventually Application2 got processed and the visa was approved. However now I need the refund of payment for VISA + IHS fee for Application1 so I did some search and found below form -
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

However I am slightly worried submitting that form as it says - "This form should be used if: You have an outstanding application with the Home Office and now wish to withdraw this and leave the UK"

In my case, I have already received my visa through my subsequent application and I am not leaving the UK, I simply need the refund of payment that I made for my incorrect Application1.

Please can someone advise how I should go about it. Which application form to fill and what details to put so that I get my refund without risking my visa.

vinny

Re: Incorrect SW Dependent Application - Refund Process

Post by vinny » Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am

If you had answered “yes” in your second application to the question:
Other Home Office applications

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
(Required)
If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered.
then they may automatically give a refund.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sinfinity
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sinfinity » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:02 pm

Ok, I think I missed that option. How do I got about refund now?

Sinfinity
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sinfinity » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Anyone able to advise on this please ?