ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

innovinity
Mood:
United Kingdom

CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route

Post by innovinity » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:27 pm

Hello,

I have interviewed with a company in the UK and they are willing to offer me a job as a skilled worker. The job is on the short occupation list.

The company has been recently granted CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route

The recruitment manager is not sure if they can sponsor me from Pakistan using the CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route as according to him they used to have a license from Home Office where they could only sponsor people from within the UK. But their recent Request for renewal of the annual allocation of certificates of sponsorship gave them 2 CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route in full

I have asked the recruitment manager to check but he is currently on holiday and is not responding.

So that I am not wasting my time with this company, can someone please correct my understanding on the below:

1. My understanding is that the old restricted and unrestricted licenses have been abolished by the UK government. Now, as long as a sponsor has a CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route they can sponsor overseas workers without conducting the Resident Labour Market Test.

2. As my job is within the Short Occupation List, there is no cap by the UK government on the number of visas issued.

If the company needs a different type of CoS from Homeoffice to sponsor me from overseas then please let me know and I will then contact the recruitment manager and only interview with companies who have the right type of certificate. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:31 pm

They need to check what they have been allocated.

A Defined CoS is for applicants outside the UK.

An Undefined CoS is for applicants within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

innovinity
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by innovinity » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply.

When I look at the UK Government register of approved sponsors the company is listed as:

Type & Rating: Worker (A rating) Route: Skilled Worker

The recruitment manager also sent me a snippet of the allocation letter from the UKVI. It does not state whether it is a Defined or Undefined CoS. The content of the snippets are as follows:

Thank you for your request to renew your annual allocation of certificates of sponsorship (CoS) in T2 Skilled Workers Route.
Our decision
We have granted your request of 2 CoS in T2 Skilled Workers Route in full.
Your allocation details have been updated and the allocation period runs for 12 months from the date of the decision. This can be viewed on the ‘Licence summary’ screen of your sponsorship management system (SMS) account

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:51 pm

He should contact the Business Helpdesk for advice.

Has he even tried to assign a Defined CoS to you??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

innovinity
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by innovinity » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks again.

So in summary I need to ask him to assign me a Defined CoS. If he does not have a Defined CoS then he needs to apply for one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:07 pm

Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

innovinity
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by innovinity » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi CR001,

Just one more thing. Would the employer need to do the Resident Labour Market Test if my job is on the short occupation list?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:18 pm

No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

innovinity
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by innovinity » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:35 pm

Thanks, CR001. It is a relief to know that the requirement for the Resident Labour Market Test does not apply in my case even though I am overseas. Much appreciated!