ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child’s first British Passport & Parent Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhparikh07
Newly Registered
India

Child’s first British Passport & Parent Status

Post by dhparikh07 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:34 pm

Hello Members,

Need advice for my child’s first British passport. I am currently ILR holder with Naturalisation application submitted to Homeoffice.
My child is born in UK when I am ILR and hence is eligible for British Citizenship.
I understand to apply for my child’s first passport, I need to send (1)Child’s UK Birth Certificate
(2) Parent 1 Foreign Passport at the time of birth
(3) Parent 1 ILR BRP at the time of birth

Noting the delays currently in place with HMPO, my questions are :
(1) if my naturalisation application were to be approved before my child’s passport application is processed, will the submitted ILR BRP still be valid for child’s passport application.
(2) I wouldn’t be able to send back the ILR BRP within 5 days from becoming British Citizen. How can I inform same to Home Office.
(3) if I receive British citizenship before applying for my child’s passport, should I still continue to hold ILR BRP for sending to HMPO.
(4) is there any easier way for me to wait for my British citizenship and submit a joint application for myself & my child for first passport.

Thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Child’s first British Passport & Parent Status

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:32 pm

dhparikh07 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:34 pm
Hello Members,

Need advice for my child’s first British passport. I am currently ILR holder with Naturalisation application submitted to Homeoffice.
My child is born in UK when I am ILR and hence is eligible for British Citizenship.
I understand to apply for my child’s first passport, I need to send (1)Child’s UK Birth Certificate

(1) if my naturalisation application were to be approved before my child’s passport application is processed, will the submitted ILR BRP still be valid for child’s passport application.It's you ILR status, that grants citizenship to your child. It's forever valid in that regards!
(2) I wouldn’t be able to send back the ILR BRP within 5 days from becoming British Citizen. How can I inform same to Home Office.You shouldn't send back the ILR even after your citizenship. This is the evidence your child would need in life to prove entitlement to British citizenship.
(3) if I receive British citizenship before applying for my child’s passport, should I still continue to hold ILR BRP for sending to HMPO. Yes
(4) is there any easier way for me to wait for my British citizenship and submit a joint application for myself & my child for first passport.Nothing like joint passport application. Passports would be processed separately. Probably different HMPO even if applied same day.

Thank you
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

dhparikh07
Newly Registered
India

Post by dhparikh07 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:29 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:32 pm
dhparikh07 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:34 pm
Hello Members,

(1) if my naturalisation application were to be approved before my child’s passport application is processed, will the submitted ILR BRP still be valid for child’s passport application.It's you ILR status, that grants citizenship to your child. It's forever valid in that regards!
(2) I wouldn’t be able to send back the ILR BRP within 5 days from becoming British Citizen. How can I inform same to Home Office.You shouldn't send back the ILR even after your citizenship. This is the evidence your child would need in life to prove entitlement to British citizenship.
(3) if I receive British citizenship before applying for my child’s passport, should I still continue to hold ILR BRP for sending to HMPO. Yes
(4) is there any easier way for me to wait for my British citizenship and submit a joint application for myself & my child for first passport.Nothing like joint passport application. Passports would be processed separately. Probably different HMPO even if applied same day.

Thank you
Many thanks for your reply and it helped me understand requirement of my ILR card for my child lifelong.
I have a followup query for passport application, is Full UK Birth Certificate and my ILR card sufficient for child’s first UK passport application or is my current (non-EEA) passport required to be sent for my child’s passport. Reason I am not incluned to send this document is due to passport delays and it being potentially required for my passport application when my naturalisation is approved.

Thank you for your time.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 am

dhparikh07 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:29 pm
is Full UK Birth Certificate and my ILR card sufficient for child’s first UK passport application
It should be sufficient. However, when you fill the form online, the system would tell you what and what you need to send to the HMPO for processing. I'm afraid that this is not negotiable.
You would be requested to send them after the identity of your child has been confirmed.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!