ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 without registration certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

colombo
Newly Registered

eea2 without registration certificate

Post by colombo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:12 pm

hi,

is it true that if you are applying for eea2, your eea partner does not necessarily have a registration certificate?

section 3 on the eea2 form says "Note 1. There is no requirement for your EEA or Swiss family member to apply for a registration certificate and we can decide
your case without him or her applying. However, we must receive evidence of his/her identity, eg passport or identity card. If
your EEA or Swiss family member wishes to apply for a registration certificate, he or she may apply separately, using form EEA1."
I

have called home office a few times and i got a few different opinions?
can someone please confirm that i can goahead and apply for eea2 without a registration certificate for my partner?

Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: eea2 without registration certificate

Post by 86ti » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:17 pm

colombo wrote:can someone please confirm that i can goahead and apply for eea2 without a registration certificate for my partner?
Sure you can. The reason why many EEA nationals applied for the residence certificate together with their non-EEA partners was that in the past such applications were faster but not anymore. The certificate is mostly useless anyway although at least one embassy claims that it would be necessary for visa free travel.

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi,

I am Non-EEA and my husband is Spanish. I have done my EEA-2 without this registration certificate.I got a call from HO requesting more papers regarding my husband's work. As far as i am concerned, they never asked me this Registration Certificate for my Husband.
You just need to prove that he is working and capable of supporting you.
Hope it helps.

Thanks.

colombo
Newly Registered

Post by colombo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. My wife is in University ans just works p/t. i will be applying on the basis that i have enough money to support her and myself. i can show bank statements of about 7k will that help

would appreciate your response