ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa - New Job Visa Update

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ska_abbas

Skilled Worker Visa - New Job Visa Update

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:51 am

Hi there

I moved to the UK in November 2021 on Skilled worker visa. I have been working for my current employer since then.

Back in May, I got job offer from another employer. The job fulfills all the requirements for the Skilled Worker Visa. They issued me a CoS and I applied for getting my visa updated using the online application.

There are couple of things I am slightly worried about:

1 - Since I used the online service, it gave me option of using BRP as an ID document, which I did. I then downloaded the Immigration App to confirm my ID and Biometrics. It all went fine.

2 - At the end of the application, I was asked Not to submit any supporting evidence at this stage. Is this right? I thought since I have been to UK for less than a year, the system may ask me for supporting evidence, but it didn't.

3 - I understand the decision time is 8 weeks. Would I be issued a new BRP, if yes, what happens to current BRP? Would there be any vignette for the passport?

4 - Would UKVI approach me if they need any supporting evidence?

Has anybody else applied using online service, and what did they get once application was approved.

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Skilled Worker Visa - New Job Visa Update

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:22 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:51 am

3 - I understand the decision time is 8 weeks. Would I be issued a new BRP, if yes, what happens to current BRP? Would there be any vignette for the passport?
You will receive a new BRP, after that the previous one will be no longer valid. It will arrive with a letter containing instructions about what to do with the old document. There won't be any vignette for the passport.

If there are any issues with your application, UKVI will definitely contact you.