ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mittalankur
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa - Spain

Post by mittalankur » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm

I am currently in London and wish to apply for Schengan Visa. I will be visiting Spain on 11th Dec but the Visa appointment dates are not available until 12 the Dec. My tickets are booked.

Can anyone suggest what are the other options available? How can I see the cancellation on Spain visa appointments?

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:30 am

You could apply to the French Embassy/consulate, you dont need an appointment, it can be done by a visa courier service. They gave my wife a 6 month shengan on first application. Turnaround was about 10 working days.

The only issue then would be that they can get a bit of hump if you dont go to France first before using it for other shengan countries and it might affect further applications if you apply to the French embassy again.

Just an idea.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:32 am

Day trip to France does the job!

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:35 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Day trip to France does the job!
Good point, well made! :D

mittalankur
Newly Registered

Post by mittalankur » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:46 am

Thanks for the suggestion. If I visit France after my Spain visit, still will it be a problem with France embassy?

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 am

i dont think so

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:28 am

mittalankur wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. If I visit France after my Spain visit, still will it be a problem with France embassy?
Schengen regulation say that you must obtain the visa from the country of your main destination or first entry if you don't know how long you will stay in each country (see eg. the Wikipedia entry) so you would have to go through France to Spain if you have a single visa only. With a multiple visa you may be able to do two independent trips but make sure that your visa is valid for both trips. I do not know if France would insist on going to their country first, though.

willsk22

spanish schengen

Post by willsk22 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:27 am

Hi,

this august we had a similar thing with the mother in law.... no chance of appointment at spanish embassy, so she got a french multi entry and was for 6 months i think... even though some on here will tell you it ain`t possible... i know it is...

we reasoned that as mother in law was foreign we should pop to france for a day trip to `validate` a schengen issued by the french embassy etc.....

in the end we risked it and flew to spain.... as it happens there was NO border control either flying in or out of Alicante... times were both evening flights...

my friend who we were staying with explained that as the flight was from the UK (Gatwick) the spanish authorities spread their border staff to cover flights from elsewhere....

so the top and bottom of the story is..... where there`s a will, theres a way

Will S-K

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: spanish schengen

Post by 86ti » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 am

willsk22 wrote:we reasoned that as mother in law was foreign we should pop to france for a day trip to `validate` a schengen issued by the french embassy etc.....

in the end we risked it and flew to spain....
So what you want to say is that you flew directly to Spain without going to France? If so did you try to apply for another visa from the French?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:10 pm

86ti wrote:
willsk22 wrote:we reasoned that as mother in law was foreign we should pop to france for a day trip to `validate` a schengen issued by the french embassy etc.....

in the end we risked it and flew to spain....
So what you want to say is that you flew directly to Spain without going to France? If so did you try to apply for another visa from the French?
I have (almost) direct experience of this! My mate's non-EU wife got a French Schengen visa but went by car to Estonia on it, ironically via France but no one stamped her.

Applied for another French Schengen and refused cos she never visited France on the last one.

So I'd imagine that's it - once chance then ur screwed with that country....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Wanderer wrote:I have (almost) direct experience of this! My mate's non-EU wife got a French Schengen visa but went by car to Estonia on it, ironically via France but no one stamped her.

Applied for another French Schengen and refused cos she never visited France on the last one.

I think I remember the story. Weren't they ask for hotel bookings in France to confirm their stay there since they had no stamp?

BTW, your sig seems to be outdated...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:10 pm

86ti wrote:
Wanderer wrote:I have (almost) direct experience of this! My mate's non-EU wife got a French Schengen visa but went by car to Estonia on it, ironically via France but no one stamped her.

I think I remember the story. Weren't they ask for hotel bookings in France to confirm their stay there since they had no stamp?

BTW, your sig seems to be outdated...
They just drive through, didn't stop. Only think they had was the Eurostar tix I think but they didn't save them. In fact the Eurostar immigration people see a red passport and waive u through. Hers is a Russian Federation one - red like the EU one!

Sig is still valid actually, section 3c - waiting for PSW visa to come through! Fingers crossed!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Wanderer wrote:They just drive through, didn't stop. Only think they had was the Eurostar tix I think but they didn't save them. In fact the Eurostar immigration people see a red passport and waive u through. Hers is a Russian Federation one - red like the EU one!
When we were in Estonia this year I wondered why the Estonians have blue passports. My wife argued the reason would be to make them look different from the Russian ones...
Wanderer wrote:Sig is still valid actually, section 3c - waiting for PSW visa to come through! Fingers crossed!
Getting off topic now but wishing you all the best anyway!

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:01 pm

When my OH and myself went to france on a french issued shengan, passport control/immigration weren't gonna bother stamping her passport. In fact they just waved her through as if she was an EU national.

She specifically asked for a stamp, showing shengan visa.

When we went to spain that was a bit different, the passport control guy wanted us to show the visa and made a big play of flicking through her passport before stamping it.

I guess it's all down to whos on duty on the day.

willsk22

Post by willsk22 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:18 am

Agreed, and sometime they have some proper Duraks on duty !!

Wife and me drove to France and she got waived through, and when asked when trying to get another schengen visa, and they asked why not stamped and they didn`t seem too bothered