ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ECCTIS not available before ILR biometric

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dewdrops1420

ILR Set(O) Filing Dependant application separately

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:26 am

Hi,

I'm about to file for ILR and want to do it on priority.
Is it possible that my husband and son can file separately ,a non-priority one and me and my daughter can file it as priority?
Or can I just apply for myself and my daughter first ad once I get the ILR within a week, my husband and son can apply? As I'm the main applicant, if I file for ILR, will my dependants visa become invalid?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(O) Filing Dependant application separately

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:29 pm

You can apply separately or together. You should apply first as their eligibility for ILR depends on you getting ILR. Their visa will not be affected at all.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:23 am

Thank you Zimba.

I have one more query.

I'm going to apply for British citizenship for my daughter born in UK.
Can I apply once I get the BRP of ILR?
I started filling in my daughter's citizenship application and found that it's GBP 1012 for citizenship application.

Is it true?

Also is british citizenship and naturalization same?

Is this the correct link to apply for citizenship.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1652806889

Warm regards,
dewdrops

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:42 am

I assume your daughter was born in the UK, this means she does NOT need ILR to be registered as British. UK born children are entitled to be registered as British when one of their parents settles. Form MN1 is correct. Note that children do not naturalise, they need to be registered as British. Adults on the other hand largely need to apply to naturalise as British citizens.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:40 am

ok thanks a lot Zimba. So Naturalisation and ILR are same?

One more query is ,my son is 11.5 years old, born in India and living here in UK continuously since March 2015.Can he apply directly as British citizen skipping ILR once I get my ILR ?Is 7 year rule applicable to him irrespective of the visa status.

Warm regards,
dewdrops

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:51 am

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:40 am

One more query is ,my son is 11.5 years old, born in India and living here in UK continuously since March 2015.Can he apply directly as British citizen skipping ILR once I get my ILR ?Is 7 year rule applicable to him irrespective of the visa status.

Warm regards,
dewdrops
No he cannot. Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR and apply when either parent is also applying or already British and the other parent holds ILR.

There is no '7 year rule' for citizenship.

Also note that there is a specific sub forum for British Citizenship queries. These queries are NOT relevant to ILR topics and the ILR sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:12 am

ok thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:09 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:40 am
No. ILR grants permanent residence in the UK under the immigration rules (settled status). Naturalisation is the process of obtaining British citizenship under nationality law. In order to obtain citizenship through naturalisation, you are required to be settled in the UK and hold ILR.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Thank you Zimba!

dewdrops1420

ILR application forms

Post by dewdrops1420 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:58 pm

Hi,

Is Set (O) for ILR via partner dependent visa and we can add further Set O for dependent child?
I'm doubting as when I tried applying for dependent child alone, it opened set F and asked me to submit sponsorship details for the child including mortgage statement, council tax, payslips,etc but when I added it to my partner's application, no financial questions.

Please clear my query.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application forms

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:59 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:58 pm
Hi,

Is Set (O) for ILR via partner dependent visa and we can add further Set O for dependent child?
I'm doubting as when I tried applying for dependent child alone, it opened set F and asked me to submit sponsorship details for the child including mortgage statement, council tax, payslips,etc but when I added it to my partner's application, no financial questions.

Please clear my query.

Thanks
Use SET(O)

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:11 pm

Thank you Zimba!! Can I apply for child alone as my husband needs ecctis which is time consuming.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:20 pm

The child will qualify to apply when your husband does. The rules do not permit the child to apply for ilr with the main visa applicant if the other parent on dependent visa is not also applying
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:12 pm

Just to make it clear.

I got my ILR BRP in hand.

Can I apply ILR for my son alone?

As my husband requires ECCTIS and it will take further 20-25 days,I want to apply for my son alone. Is it not possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:40 pm

Can I apply ILR for my son alone?
No, the rules do not allow this. The child will qualify to apply when your spouse does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:01 pm

ok thank you.
I'm proceeding with joint application of spouse and kid.

There is a question asking my immigration status and there is no option to select ILR.

Which visa is Mrs x applying for or been granted?
Choose the route that Mrs x has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being processed.

Only options are different visa types and no ILR

Right now,I have ILR,what to do?

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 pm

Could anyone please reply so that I can submit the ILR form tonight .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:49 am

Their ILR is based on your previous status. If skilled worker/tier 2 you choose that :!:

dewdrops1420

ECCTIS not available before ILR biometric

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:15 am

Hi,

We are in a dilemma wrt ILR application.
The biometric needs to be completed by 01-Nov-2022.But ECCTIS certificate is not yet received for my husband. They asked us to get a document from the university and due to many holidays in our country, we won't get it sooner and ECCTIS will take another 10 days to send us their certificate.

Could you please let me know if we can attend the biometric without ECCTIS and then later on submit after they inform us of the missing documents. He still has the medium of instruction certificate.

Biometric is on 28-Oct and university said they won't send it before 15-Oct and ECCTIS needs 10 working days.

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ECCTIS not available before ILR biometric

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:52 am

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:15 am
Hi,

We are in a dilemma wrt ILR application.
The biometric needs to be completed by 01-Nov-2022.But ECCTIS certificate is not yet received for my husband. They asked us to get a document from the university and due to many holidays in our country, we won't get it sooner and ECCTIS will take another 10 days to send us their certificate.

Could you please let me know if we can attend the biometric without ECCTIS and then later on submit after they inform us of the missing documents. He still has the medium of instruction certificate.

Biometric is on 28-Oct and university said they won't send it before 15-Oct and ECCTIS needs 10 working days.

Thanks.
Why not take the safer option and book a B1 SELT - GESE Grade 5 - English Test for British Citizenship?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:22 pm

We thought about that option, but we need to go to Cardiff and waste of money as already money spent on ECCTIS.

Can we attend the ILR biometric without ECCTIS and by the time we get notification from visas team, we will get ECCTIS as well.
I have medium of instruction certificate with me.

Could someone please tell me if that's possible. Not everyone is aware of ECCTIS. Can we say we never knew it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:40 pm

Ignorance is no excuse unfortunately, especially for well published and publically available information.

The detailed english requirement has been on ukvis website for years. Ecctis was previously the Naric requirement, so there really isn't any excuse that you "didn't know" especially if this is not the first application being made.

You chose (and gambled) an option and it didn't work out as planned. The simplest and quickest would have been the B1 English test.

If ecctis corresponding to the foreign degree is not submitted, ILR will be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:49 pm

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:22 pm
We thought about that option, but we need to go to Cardiff and waste of money as already money spent on ECCTIS.

Can we attend the ILR biometric without ECCTIS and by the time we get notification from visas team, we will get ECCTIS as well.
I have medium of instruction certificate with me.

Could someone please tell me if that's possible. Not everyone is aware of ECCTIS. Can we say we never knew it?
It is a huge gamble. The safest option is to take a SELT B1 English test, even if that involves going to Cardiff. Not being aware of the requirement is not an excuse.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:21 am

And discretion is not exercised if English Test result is not provided. Either a little more money on B1 in Cardiff or loose application fee etc.....choice is yours.