ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce Prior to Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunsat786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Divorce Prior to Skilled Worker Visa

Post by Sunsat786 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:29 pm

Currently, I'm living in Pakistan having Pakistani nationality only. I went to the UK in 2009 and left the UK in 2014. I got married in the UK on 25/10/2013 with one EU national and she was living in the UK with me for around a year. After some time, I left her in the UK due to some personal issues and we never contact each other again. Now, I wanted to know about my current marital status in UK. Am i divorced or not because I believe she might have applied for divorce in my absence during this 7 years (tenure). I'm not sure about her anything at the moment. Where she is and what is she doing. Please tell me...

1. How can I check my marital status?

2. If it's still married, how can I get divorced? (I'm not resident of UK and living in Pakistan.)

3. Is is really necessary to get divorced prior to application for a skilled worker visa?

Note: I have a job offer letter from a skilled worker licensed holder (Employer) Company from the UK.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Divorce Prior to Skilled Worker Visa

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:48 am

Try to see if any record of such divorce exists: https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order
If not, you can apply for a divorce: https://www.gov.uk/divorce

Your visa will not be affected however you must first figure out your martial status before applying to declare it correctly on the form
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice