ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to skilled worker visa switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

narkhani
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT to skilled worker visa switch

Post by narkhani » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:15 am

Hi,
I’m currently working on tier 2 ict visa which is expiring on july 15, I have been offered a new job and the employer is in process of making a skilled worker application. They have assured me that they will submit the application before my current visa expires.
My question is if I resign today and my current employer terminates my visa with immediate effect, can I still be allowed to stay in the country till my current visa expires or ill have to leave the country with immediate effect.
I read an article somewhere that you can stay for 2 months or your visa expiry date whichever is earlier.

Is this correct?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to skilled worker visa switch

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:34 am

Your current employer only notices ukvi of withdrawing sponsorship within 10 days AFTER you have left employment.

Your employer does not have the authority to simply cancel your visa. Only ukvi has this authority.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Post by Hampshire » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:17 am

In my opinion, resign only after you have submitted your skilled visa application.

narkhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by narkhani » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:25 am

Thanks for replying.

So what happens once my current employer informs to home office. Will home office give any time (2 months or current visa expiry date) or I will have to leave the country immediately?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:28 am

You only get a visa curtailment if you have enough time left on your visa to curtail it to 60 days. You do not have enough time left on your current visa.

You simply need to make sure you apply for your new Skilled Worker visa BEFORE the 15th July.

Note also that once you leave your current job, you will not be permitted to do any form of work while you wait for your new Skilled Worker visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sunny1010
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sunny1010 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:14 am

Hi Admin,
Can you please advice on the following?

While the main applicant is waiting for Skilled worker visa (after leaving current job with ICT sponsorship), can dependants ( on ICT dependant visa) continue to work in UK ? Or should they also stop working similar to main applicant ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:16 am

Sunny1010 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:14 am
Hi Admin,
Can you please advice on the following?

While the main applicant is waiting for Skilled worker visa (after leaving current job with ICT sponsorship), can dependants ( on ICT dependant visa) continue to work in UK ? Or should they also stop working similar to main applicant ?
Provided they apply for a skilled worker dependent visa before their current visa expires, then yes they can. Also depends if their employer will accept the pending application after their visa expires to let them continue working.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sunny1010
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sunny1010 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:20 pm

Thank you so much for the prompt response.

nvevgvitup
Newly Registered

Post by nvevgvitup » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:25 pm

A Follow-up question please WHEN the Main applicant has switched to a 'Skilled Worker' visa and the Family is on 'Tier 2 ICT Dependant' visa, THEN Can the family travel outside the UK for a holiday? Will they be still allowed to enter the UK with a 'Tier 2 ICT Dependant' Visa?