ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa application considered in Sheffield

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

londonphd

Visitor visa application considered in Sheffield

Post by londonphd » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:20 am

Hello,

My mom applied for a 6-month visitor visa and I am her sponsor. I am a naturalised British citizen. At the time of application I did not have a British passport, hence sent my naturalisation certificate as part of the supporting documents.

After waiting for just under a month, we got this email from UKVI:

Your UK visa application has been received at the UKVI office in Sheffield.

Depending which service you purchased, we aim to process:

- Super priority visa applications within 24 hours
- Priority visa applications within 5 working days
- All non-settlement visa applications within 15 working days
- Settlement priority visa applications within 30 working days
- Settlement visa applications within 60 working days

My mom has been to the UK twice previously. I wonder why a visitor visa application decision is being considered in the UK.
Thanks.

vinny

Re: Visitor visa application considered in Sheffield

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:38 pm

I believe that most visa applications are sent to, processed and decided in the UK nowadays.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

londonphd

Post by londonphd » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:36 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:38 pm
I believe that most visa applications are sent to, processed and decided in the UK nowadays.
Many thanks. It has been over a month now that we have not heard from the UK embassy's consular section. In the past, we received decisions within 3 weeks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:07 pm

londonphd wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:36 pm
vinny wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:38 pm
Many thanks. It has been over a month now that we have not heard from the UK embassy's consular section. In the past, we received decisions within 3 weeks.
Everything takes longer this days. I have a personal experience of 2.5 months for a visitors visa. Applied in November and he didn't get it till early January.
You just have to be patient.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!