ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Held an ILR for 12 months or lived in UK for 12m with it?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agentfourty7
Newly Registered

Held an ILR for 12 months or lived in UK for 12m with it?

Post by agentfourty7 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi,

I have looked at FAQs and other topics but haven't found an answer so here's my question:

I have held ILR since March 2021, but I travelled to India, in May 2021-Jan 2022. I was under an impression that I must have held ILR for 12 months as well as been in the UK for 12 months from when ILR was granted - to be able to apply to British Citizenship.

Am I right? Would love to be proven wrong, just this one time! I am well over the 12-month period now, as we are in June 2022 already. Wondered if I can apply now?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Held an ILR for 12 months or lived in UK for 12m with it?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:47 pm

If you are not married to a British citizen, then yes, you are required to hold ILR for 12 months AND not have any absence in that 12 months of more than 90 days.

You don't meet the absence limit requirement in the last 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

agentfourty7
Newly Registered

Re: Held an ILR for 12 months or lived in UK for 12m with it?

Post by agentfourty7 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:55 pm

Thank you, so no point getting excited just yet. I shall wait.