ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invite to ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Invite to ceremony

Post by SilverBeaver » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:43 pm

Hello, I understood that all communications are done via email, however on the timeline thread I see 'Date of receipt of ceremony letter' and some people saying they received a ceremony invite letter after their application being approved. Could you please confirm if anything is expected to come through the post as opposed to emails? I will be travelling and planning to come back for the ceremony, however if I only receive the invite in the post, I will miss it. Thank you.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Invite to ceremony

Post by kamoe » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:44 am

SilverBeaver wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:43 pm
some people saying they received a ceremony invite letter after their application being approved.
You'll find that many times people use the word "letter" to mean "email". I have done that in the past.
My personal experience indicate that for naturalisation applications made online all communications are online.

Other members can comment on their own experience.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

SilverBeaver
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by SilverBeaver » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:55 am

Thank you, that's reassuring. Just found it confusing when changing from 'email' to 'letter', so I thought it's worth asking as it was quite important!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:07 pm

Keep in mind that citizenship ceremonies are arranged by local councils, not the Home Office.

And different councils work differently. Some may send emails, some physical letters. Some will ask you to contact them to choose the date for a citizenship ceremony, some will give you the earliest available date and the onus is on you to turn up on that date, etc.

So the answer to your question is that it depends on your council and your experience may vary from others on these forums.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.