ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fingerprinting of all registrants begins 11/11/2008

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Fingerprinting of all registrants begins 11/11/2008

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 pm

A visit to my local GNIB office this morning, accompanying a non-EU family member of mine who was registering with the GNIB for the first time, and something new was to be experienced.

The GNIB are now taking an electronic fingerprint of all people registering or re-registering. Today is the first day of the new requirement. The fingerprint scanning device was not working properly, so it took a while. Got there in the end though.

As a side note, I was tickled by the way the GNIB officers were debating among themselves over whether the Stamp 4 EUFam permission, for my family member, should begin on today's date or backdated to the date of the DoJ letter. The latter is, of course, correct. Thankfully, the regular GNIB officer (in our local office, a very pleasant gentleman) was the one who knew this - the other staff (who I believe were either new, or from another GNIB office, visiting) were the ones debating.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Darkhorse

Re: Fingerprinting of all registrants begins 11/11/2008

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 pm

benifa wrote:A visit to my local GNIB office this morning, accompanying a non-EU family member of mine who was registering with the GNIB for the first time, and something new was to be experienced.

The GNIB are now taking an electronic fingerprint of all people registering or re-registering. Today is the first day of the new requirement. The fingerprint scanning device was not working properly, so it took a while. Got there in the end though.

As a side note, I was tickled by the way the GNIB officers were debating among themselves over whether the Stamp 4 EUFam permission, for my family member, should begin on today's date or backdated to the date of the DoJ letter. The latter is, of course, correct. Thankfully, the regular GNIB officer (in our local office, a very pleasant gentleman) was the one who knew this - the other staff (who I believe were either new, or from another GNIB office, visiting) were the ones debating.
It makes difference if someone at the other end of the desk nice to you. Unfortunately not all of them.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Fingerprinting of all registrants begins 11/11/2008

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Darkhorse wrote:It makes difference if someone at the other end of the desk nice to you. Unfortunately not all of them.
Indeed. I have experienced the wrath of some of the GNIB staff at Burgh Quay some time ago.

Thankfully, we are fortunate enough where we live (outside of Dublin), in that our local GNIB office in the Garda station is run by an excellent man - fair, reasonable and (most importantly) knowledgeable.

If only his attitude were shared by his colleagues elsewhere in the country..
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Dublin1

Post by Dublin1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:36 am

I did mine last week including fingerprints, and ppl there were fine.
the strange part u do this exercise twice.