ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rafzaf4eva

immigration problem

Post by rafzaf4eva » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 pm

First of all I am asking this question on behalf of a friend here is her story so plz if sum1 can help:

if a pakistani has an ILR no nationality in uk is it possible to send him back home because he has separerated from his wife and has re married in pakistan also has 2 kids from first wife and has given no divorce also. Also the marrige he has done from pakistan he is thinking of calling her as a friends wife is this illigel if so what can we do to stop this?
Last edited by rafzaf4eva on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: immigration problem

Post by Ben » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:21 pm

rafzaf4eva wrote:if a pakistani has an ILR no nationality in uk is it possible to send him back home because he has separerated from his wife and has re married in pakistan also has 2 kids from first wife and has given no divorce also..
In your post above, the only question you have asked is "is it possible to send him back home because..", right? The answer is no. Once a person has ILR in the UK, it is not lost unless the person leaves the UK for more than 2 years consecutively, so I understand.

I'm not going to comment on the issues he may have caused regarding his polygamous marriage, since you have not asked any question relating to that.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Well he will not be bringing his second wife to the UK as he has not divorced the first wife yet.
As for losing ILR - he is ok, the fact that he has married again in PAK is not an issue as polygamous marriage is allowed in PAK.
The issue for him will be trying to sort out the divorce in the UK before he can contemplate his second wife coming to the UK. There will be all the issues of the CSA and the questions regarding why he did not divorce before entering into the second marriage. Not impossible to over come but difficult to ignore.