ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker visa decision

Post by vmathew24 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:42 am

Hi
I have applied for my skilled worker visa extension and it’s been 7 weeks now. I haven’t received a reply yet. Is there any option to track or enquire regarding the application status? I have a planned travel on first week of july. Hence it would be great if I could get to know about the status.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Skilled worker visa decision

Post by Hampshire » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Average is 6 weeks, 8 weeks is the maximum to make a decision.

It's up to you to wait for a week or escalate.

You can call 0300 790 6268 - select options 2 -> 4 ->1 and then if your application is past their SLA, you can raise an escalation request (they will take some basic details from you such as UAN, DOB etc...).

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:16 pm

vmathew24 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:42 am
Hi
I have applied for my skilled worker visa extension and it’s been 7 weeks now. I haven’t received a reply yet. Is there any option to track or enquire regarding the application status? I have a planned travel on first week of july. Hence it would be great if I could get to know about the status.
I am also in the same boat. Applied skilled worker visa on 28 Apr and yet to hear from home office. I asked the firm/agency who did the application to escalate. hope the decision happens soon.

Please reply here if you get anything on your application

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker visa extension

Post by vmathew24 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:19 pm

Hi
My current skilled worker visa is going to be expired by 29/09/2022. I have already applied for extension and it is already crossed normal decision timing which is 8weeks. If I have to travel in case of emergency, is there any issue if I return back to UK before the current visa expires? ( without getting a decision on the application which is already made)

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Post by vmathew24 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:56 am

Till now no response from immigration try calling to escalate but they are not willing to escalate as they wanted a solid reason. I have advised that I need to travel to my home country as I am pregnant. But they asking for a medical report. Don't know how to deal with it.

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Post by vmathew24 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:56 am

Till now no response from immigration try calling to escalate but they are not willing to escalate as they wanted a solid reason. I have advised that I need to travel to my home country as I am pregnant. But they asking for a medical report. Don't know how to deal with it.

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Post by vmathew24 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:31 am

Hampshire wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Average is 6 weeks, 8 weeks is the maximum to make a decision.

It's up to you to wait for a week or escalate.

You can call 0300 790 6268 - select options 2 -> 4 ->1 and then if your application is past their SLA, you can raise an escalation request (they will take some basic details from you such as UAN, DOB etc...).
Thanks for getting back to me, one more doubt My current skilled worker visa is going to be expired by 29/09/2022. If I have to travel in case of emergency, is there any problem if I return back to UK before the current visa expires? ( without getting a decision on the application which is already made)

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Post by Hampshire » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 am

Sorry.. This is an extension I didnt notice that.

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Post by vmathew24 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:56 am

Any idea about my above query?

vmathew24
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled worker visa extension

Post by vmathew24 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:58 am

Can anyone please help me with the above query?

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:52 pm

I applied for my Skilled visa update on 27 May. The process was completely online and I have not been asked to submit any further evidence for now.

From the comments it seems, the visa may not arrive with in the 8 weeks time period. I am expecting to start the next job on 1 Aug.

Fingers Crossed

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:37 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:52 pm
I applied for my Skilled visa update on 27 May. The process was completely online and I have not been asked to submit any further evidence for now.

From the comments it seems, the visa may not arrive with in the 8 weeks time period. I am expecting to start the next job on 1 Aug.

Fingers Crossed
I have applied on 28 Apr for the extension and still waiting for the decision. my new job start date is 4th Jul.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:42 pm

I hope you get it in time, but what if you dont? What are your plans? Did you use the app to do biometrics check, and were you asked to upload any evidence?

My new employer did mention in case of application delays, they can contact the Home Office and the employees can start working on agreed dates.

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:22 pm

ska_abbas wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:42 pm
I hope you get it in time, but what if you dont? What are your plans? Did you use the app to do biometrics check, and were you asked to upload any evidence?

My new employer did mention in case of application delays, they can contact the Home Office and the employees can start working on agreed dates.
tbh I don't know. I have asked the agency and HR about the next steps if I don't get the decision before my start date and I yet to hear from them. I think your employer might be right regarding the start date.