ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by Mo22 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:14 pm

We're currently in British Summer Time (BST). their system works in GMT (an hour less) and you apply at 00:01 25th May, you could be applying at 23:01 24th May to their system.
To be in the safe side you could have waited one day more which is 26 May as you already waited one year.
That's what I did when I submitted my application last year but still waiting for a decision

fmdddv
Mood:
France

Post by fmdddv » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:36 pm

Has anyone ever included a second applicant on their online Naturalisation application?

For some reason it does not ask this question for the second applicant:

"At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of-court penalty
A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law"

This question is asked for the main applicant but not any other person added to the main application.

If the question is not asked for the subsequent persons on the online application, should their driving offences be declared?

Thanks

IAC23
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by IAC23 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 pm

Hello
I received approval email from HM yesterday 13.06.2022 and I’ve been advised to wait 24h and then to try to book ceremony in Essex. So I did, I’ve waited till today and when I called Essex Council they said they haven’t received anything yet and they will contact me once they will receive. Does anyone know how does normally take this exchange of information between Home Office and Essex County Council? The sooner I will apply for passport the better will be for our summer holiday. We haven’t booked it yet btw.
Thank you

GranTurismo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GranTurismo » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:25 pm

Hello everyone,

Are there any plausible reasons why HO has delays as long as 8-9-10 months in making a decision regarding BC applications? Thank you.

GranTurismo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GranTurismo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:48 pm

Hi daku,
Did you receive a reply on your application?

GranTurismo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GranTurismo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:50 pm

daku wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 am
Does anyone know how to submit a complaint? Is that done through an e-mail or through a form? Also does anyone have a template of what can you include if you haven't had a response in a long time.
Hi daku,
Did you receive a reply on your application?

IAC23
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by IAC23 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:40 pm

IAC23 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 pm
Hello
I received approval email from HM yesterday 13.06.2022 and I’ve been advised to wait 24h and then to try to book ceremony in Essex. So I did, I’ve waited till today and when I called Essex Council they said they haven’t received anything yet and they will contact me once they will receive. Does anyone know how does normally take this exchange of information between Home Office and Essex County Council? The sooner I will apply for passport the better will be for our summer holiday. We haven’t booked it yet btw.
Thank you
I understood that Essex Council are waiting for paperwork from Home Office. Apparently they been sent once I’ve received approval email. But my question is how long does it take for this two important institutions to mail between them? I’m a bit worried because I’m looking forward to plan my summer holidays once everything is completed.

Cake
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cake » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:03 am

IAC23 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:40 pm
IAC23 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:34 pm
Hello
Thank you
I understood that Essex Council are waiting for paperwork from Home Office. Apparently they been sent once I’ve received approval email. But my question is how long does it take for this two important institutions to mail between them? I’m a bit worried because I’m looking forward to plan my summer holidays once everything is completed.
Hi, how long did it all end up taking you? I have forwarded email to my local council and there hasn't been a single acknowledgment or reply of the email. The phone number doesn't work and they don't want anyone to even call them about. Speaking to other teams, I'm told they that the citizenship team have a massive backlog. I'm just confused on how long it will take.

GranTurismo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by GranTurismo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:02 pm

Got my approval email from HO today 18.07.2022, 9 months since I sent my online application on 18.10.2021. Waiting to book the ceremony with the Council now. Good luck to everyone!

neohk

Post by neohk » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:47 pm

GranTurismo wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:02 pm
Got my approval email from HO today 18.07.2022, 9 months since I sent my online application on 18.10.2021. Waiting to book the ceremony with the Council now. Good luck to everyone!
the difference in waiting times is wild

Rajja78
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rajja78 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:34 am

Hi There,
I have received mail from the home office to appear for biometric enrolment since I didn't know that we have to do one after submitting the documents in the IDV app. Now, it's more than 45 days since I submitted the application -Can I go ahead and book the appointment for biometric enrolment which I am getting after 3 weeks ( paid 180£)? or do I need to talk to the home office for the next steps? if any can provide some clarity will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rajja

pc1463
Newly Registered
India

Post by pc1463 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:14 pm

Hi guys

It’s been more than 10 months - waiting on decision.

Are there more applicats in Same timeslines please let me know

Date of application: 8th Oct 2021
Biometrics : 1st Nov 2021
Decision : pending

Davido9177
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Davido9177 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:31 pm

Submitted application online: 28/09/2021
Biometric: 25/10/2021

HO request for more info: 06/12/2021

… still waiting for a decision😡

pc1463
Newly Registered
India

Post by pc1463 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi thanks for your update,
You have applied before me - I think lots of people are waiting from sep/oct period.
Have you lodged complaint or raised issue with MP

karim_9876
United Kingdom

Post by karim_9876 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:34 am

Applied online: Late Sep 2021 (myself and partner in a single application)
Biometric: Late Sep 2021

11 months... Still nothing... Absolutely Zero communication from the HO since I applied.

Contacted MP twice. He contacted them twice and this loser only sends them emails. The home Office obviously have zero respect to him, completely ignore him. It's as if he doesn't even exist.

They actually replied to MY queries more than his (replied to 1 and ignored one).

I then sent a complaint last month saying this application is giving me sleepless nights and I'm taking prescription sleeping pills (true). All the HO did was to reply to the 2nd previous enquiry I did, saying the exact bull**** story about external checks etc. The HO is a heartless dysfunctional institution that is not fit for purpose.

That's my story so far, if it makes anyone else less miserable.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:26 pm

What I notice with my personal experience is that two of my friends applied for British citizenship separately this year, both have similar immigration history and no convictions. However, one got approval in 7 weeks, Another is waiting for 5 months now. Only difference is that he put some additional information on the application which may have assigned to a senior case worker this is why it takes ages?? I don't know for sure but I am guessing..
Shah

karim_9876
United Kingdom

Post by karim_9876 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:20 pm

Shah1698 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:26 pm
What I notice with my personal experience is that two of my friends applied for British citizenship separately this year, both have similar immigration history and no convictions. However, one got approval in 7 weeks, Another is waiting for 5 months now. Only difference is that he put some additional information on the application which may have assigned to a senior case worker this is why it takes ages?? I don't know for sure but I am guessing..
Are they spouses? I do remember reading somewhere that spouses should apply separately and so I'm thinking that's the reason for the delay in my application. But then again, this is all speculation.

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:40 pm

They are not related.
Shah

karim_9876
United Kingdom

Post by karim_9876 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:12 pm

Shah1698 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:40 pm
They are not related.
Do they both live in the same area/city? I see London applications are taking much longer

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:41 pm

They both live in Croydon.. so it is unlikely the place where they live affects the outcome.
Shah

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 pm

karim_9876 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:34 am
Contacted MP twice. He contacted them twice and this loser only sends them emails.
I'm a bit lost. What did you expect him to do?

MPs do not have any power over the Home Office or any other government department. They can't direct the Home Office.

The only power that they have is to embarrass the government by asking uncomfortable parliamentary questions, and in extremis, to bring down the government by a vote of no confidence. They can intercede for you and ask the Home Office questions on your behalf, but there is not much else they can do.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

karim_9876
United Kingdom

Post by karim_9876 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:57 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 pm
karim_9876 wrote:
Contacted MP twice. He contacted them twice and this loser only sends them emails.

MPs do not have any power over the Home Office or any other government department. They can't direct the Home Office.

The only power that they have is to embarrass the government by asking uncomfortable parliamentary questions, and in extremis, to bring down the government by a vote of no confidence. They can intercede for you and ask the Home Office questions on your behalf, but there is not much else they can do.
That might be true, but as far as the HO and the HO matters are concerns, MPs are utterly useless. They didn’t help with my issue at all. They probably made it worse.

My MP asked me to wait for 8 weeks for a response from the HO after he first contacted them. And when I followed up with him after 8 weeks, he just sent a chaser and asked me to wait for ANOTHER 8 weeks loooool. And he was ignored in both attempts by the HO. What an absolute joke.

Wondering why people are advised to contact their MPs for HO matters.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:45 pm

karim_9876 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:57 am
secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:13 pm
karim_9876 wrote:

That might be true, but as far as the HO and the HO matters are concerns, MPs are utterly useless. They didn’t help with my issue at all. They probably made it worse.

My MP asked me to wait for 8 weeks for a response from the HO after he first contacted them. And when I followed up with him after 8 weeks, he just sent a chaser and asked me to wait for ANOTHER 8 weeks loooool. And he was ignored in both attempts by the HO. What an absolute joke.

Wondering why people are advised to contact their MPs for HO matters.
HO is the only govt department that is so problematic with its complex rules that almost everyone who has to deal with this department has very awful experience .

katnewka
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by katnewka » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am

Hi all, kindly advice if there will be any emails sent to my referees after I submit the form? Just so I ask my referees to keep an eye and not to miss it.
And the 2nd question: prove you have lived in the UK for 5 years - will it be enough to provide my passport with all the pages and stamps? Or do I need to provide smth else? Thanks everyone!! ☺️

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:43 am

katnewka wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am
Hi all, kindly advice if there will be any emails sent to my referees after I submit the form? Just so I ask my referees to keep an eye and not to miss it.
And the 2nd question: prove you have lived in the UK for 5 years - will it be enough to provide my passport with all the pages and stamps? Or do I need to provide smth else? Thanks everyone!! ☺️
Referees for Naturalisation are not contacted.

Proof of residence depends on your immigration history, which you have not stated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.