ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad after Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nadiya_nad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travelling abroad after Naturalisation Application

Post by Nadiya_nad » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:33 pm

Hi everyone
My husband applied for naturalisation back in July 2021 and we are still waiting for decision. We wrote to home office several times and their response is always generic that some applications take longer. Now we asked our local MP to get an update from home office and he forwarded us home office’s response, in which they again stated that they have to make certain checks for naturalisation application and rely on the response from agencies from which they have made enquiries. They also gave list of possible reasons for delay in application and from that list the only reason we could think of is my husband’s “complex travel history”. As his father was in foreign office and he had traveled many countries on his diplomat passport. But all his travel history was more than 10 years old except for his last visit to UAE which was in 2013 and was on his local passport. I have two questions;
1. Does home office makes checks going back those many years? And if yes how come they check this when they don’t have diplomat passport details?
2. In home office email they also mentioned that if my husband does decide to travel, prior to a decision being reached on the application, this will invalidate his In-Country application, as under 34k of the Immigration Rules.
As far as I know this applies to ILR and other immigration applications and not naturalisation application, as my husband already have ILR. Please correct me if I am wrong as we have booked holidays abroad in Summer?

Mo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling abroad after Naturalisation Application

Post by Mo22 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:30 pm

Hi, I applied too from last year waiting, I got same generic email that they doing extra Security checks.
Q1.yes they can if they want to, usually they don't but if they have reason to they will.
They can check with his full name and date of birth...they got all the details on his application.
Q2. This only apply when he does his citizenship ceremony once he gets approval.

All those applications we see getting approval in 4,6 ,8 weeks time home office they don't do extra security checks they just do basics checks only hence why they getting quick approval.
Only 5% of applications they picked for extra Security checks, I guess those 5% mainly from middle east countries, some African countries...

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travelling abroad after Naturalisation Application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:27 am

Nadiya_nad wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:33 pm
2. In home office email they also mentioned that if my husband does decide to travel, prior to a decision being reached on the application, this will invalidate his In-Country application, as under 34k of the Immigration Rules.
As far as I know this applies to ILR and other immigration applications and not naturalisation application, as my husband already have ILR. Please correct me if I am wrong as we have booked holidays abroad in Summer?
Naturalisation is not an immigration application.
It's always been the case that travel is allowed during the application process (unlike for visas/ILR).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.