ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about the 12 month period after the ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AhmedAE
Newly Registered

question about the 12 month period after the ILR

Post by AhmedAE » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Hello everyone;

I have a question regarding the our application for citizenship.

We were granted the ILR via 5 year route on 14/07/2021, I am currently preparing our application for citizenship however my wife has spent 87 days out of the country and we are travelling on 01/08 for further 10 days so I would like to submit our application between 14/07 and 01/08

my question is, if I submitted my application now (before the 12 month) and booked the biometrics UKVCAS end of July (after the 12 month) does that mean my application will be within the 12 month or before?

I only want to do this to be able to open the appointment booking to get an appointment before we travel otherwise we will exceed the 90 days out of country

Thank you all for any advice provided.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: question about the 12 month period after the ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:53 pm

The date that counts is when you submit/pay your application (i.e. 12 months complete by that date), not the biometrics date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AhmedAE
Newly Registered

Post by AhmedAE » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 am

Cheers alterhase58,

thank you for your reply, straight to the point as always.

quick question, does the 90 days out of country counts till the application submission date as well? in case we had to do the biometrics after we come back from abroad and that trip exceeded the 90 days limit.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:53 am

90 days is no different, up to appl date - the biometrics appointment is not a key date, just part of the process.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AhmedAE
Newly Registered

Post by AhmedAE » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:29 pm

alterhase58, you're the governor