ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving abroad after naturalisation application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Moving abroad after naturalisation application

Post by Billi92 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:34 pm

I’m aware of the 6 weeks away guideline however my wife (Irish spouse) will be moving away to the UK for work for a year or so and as the naturalisation applications are currently taking 2 years time I want to move in with her after submitting my naturalisation application as it’s too long to live separately. Am I crazy to even think of applying for naturalisation and then moving away. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? I will of course let INIS/ISD know about my situation once I move. Will that invalidate my application?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Moving abroad after naturalisation application

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:44 pm

Are you going NI or other parts of UK?
If it's NI - not an issue, since spouses of Irish citizens are permitted to reside on the whole island of Ireland. Otherwise I think your prolonged absence might cause ISD to do something with your application, but unsure about that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

punkGit81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Re: Moving abroad after naturalisation application

Post by punkGit81 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:53 am

Billi92 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:34 pm
I’m aware of the 6 weeks away guideline however my wife (Irish spouse) will be moving away to the UK for work for a year or so and as the naturalisation applications are currently taking 2 years time I want to move in with her after submitting my naturalisation application as it’s too long to live separately. Am I crazy to even think of applying for naturalisation and then moving away. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? I will of course let INIS/ISD know about my situation once I move. Will that invalidate my application?
To my knowledge, you should simply notify by email that you're going to be out more than 6 weeks, there's no other requirement ...
This is a similar post ireland/leaving-ireland-after-naturalis ... l#p2002619
This link https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... alisation/ says that:
If you are outside the State for longer than 6 weeks after you submit your application, you must notify ISD by letter or email to explain why.
I would assume that your intent should be to live in Ireland in the long term, so if in your email you say that you are relocating abroad, then perhas it can be a problem. But if you simply say that you are visiting your wife in UK for over 6 weeks, who is there on a temporary basis for just 1 year, then you might still be ok!