ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone used upliftment ratio of earnings applying from UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ankreeti
Newly Registered

Anyone used upliftment ratio of earnings applying from UK?

Post by ankreeti » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi All,

I am from a company which pays salary in india and allowance in UK. I checked the points calculator and it converted my indian salary in to equivalent UK salary after applying upliftment ratio.

I then checked the tier1 application form. The section for earnings do not have explicit mention that INR/80 = GBP can be multipled by uplift ratio for calculating equivalent earning in GBP.

Has anyone applied from UK and claimed earning points with upliftment calculation. Can you please advise how did you specified it on your application form?

Did you write an extra letter to make it very clear to home office ?

Did you attach the printout of pdf generated by points calculator?

I will highly appreciate any help in this regard.

Many Thanks

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Ankreeti

You can not apply upliftment ratio to indian salary received in India while working in UK.

Cheers

ankreeti
Newly Registered

Post by ankreeti » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 am

Many thanks for your response. It is really helpful.

I will be 28 in dec. If Home office receives my application before my b'day, will i be awarded 20 points for age?

I have read it and i feel i should be okay but i just want to double confirm.

Also, after understanding that i will not get upliftment for my salary which was paid in india, i secure 75 points only. is it a high risk to apply with minimum required points?