ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Extension and New Born Child Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pkg13
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Visa Extension and New Born Child Visa

Post by pkg13 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on a Tier 2 General Visa sponsored by my company. My wife is a dependent. I recently had a newborn baby in the UK. I recently got his Indian Passport as well. My visa is about to expire in Sept 2022 and my company has started the Visa Extension process. My company responded they will not raise my newborn's visa application as he was not part of my earlier Visa application process and asked me to do it myself.
How should I go about it?
Can I submit his application along with mine or do I need to wait for some time since he was part of my application earlier? If I need to wait then when should I wait until?

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 Visa Extension and New Born Child Visa

Post by Hampshire » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 pm

It is better to add your child's application to your application and you bear the cost of it. Standalone dependent application are not of immediate priority for the home office.

9elizabeth
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by 9elizabeth » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:45 am

As your child is born in UK, he does not require visa to stay in the country as long as he does not leave the UK and re-enter. You can apply directedly for his Naturalisation as soon as you get your ILR. However, if the child will be travelling to abroad before his Naturalisation, you will have to apply for his dependent visa. You can submit the application with yours- its purely your choice and it does not affect the outcome.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:40 am

Hampshire wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 pm
It is better to add your child's application to your application and you bear the cost of it. Standalone dependent application are not of immediate priority for the home office.
If there is no plan for international travel with child no need. If asked by HO what plan for child indicate you waiting till after ILR to make any submissions for child.