ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Help for my parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mopaconerkipumeter
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Visitor Visa Help for my parents

Post by mopaconerkipumeter » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:51 am

Hi
I have been trying to get my parents to come and visit me on a visitor visa but its never been successful and its already 12 years since I was able to see my parents here in the UK.
Background story: my dad breached his immigration conditions of 20hours work back in 2009 and his student visa was revoked and so was my mum's spouse dependent visa. They both returned back home then, on 2009 and stayed there since then.
Both my parents are pensioners, with dad doing the odd job here and there.
Now, we applied for tourist visa so they could come and visit us, but it got refused whereby it was suggested that my then 65 years old dad with my 60 year old could be coming back to work in the UK.
I have not tried again since then, given the amount of stress and heartache it gives all of us when we get the rejection letter.
However, now I really want my parents to come visit me as I just had a child and I really want them to see and spend some time with their grandkid.
I am worried it will be the same thing again...even though its been 12 years since the issue with the breach of 20hours occurred.
How should I proceed?
Please advise.
:idea:

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa Help for my parents

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Hello,

This is a vicious circle where there was a less than ideal immigration history in the past but even if the conditions of the person changed, that stigma remained.

Reading your post, I understand you already applied for a visitor visa and it was refused. Is that correct?

If this is the case, further applications will be refused also. Once an applicant with adverse immigration history enters into a cycle of applications and refusals, there is no come back. Especially that in his case, he is living out of odds jobs. This means there are no strong economic ties to his home country. Often a situation like this triggers a refusal even without any previous immigration incidents.

Did he travel to other countries in the last 10 years or so? I am referring to countries like USA, Canada, EU... etc. This can be evidenced with previous visas and entry/exit stamps. That can show that he has no intention to immigrate.

mopaconerkipumeter
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Re: Visitor Visa Help for my parents

Post by mopaconerkipumeter » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:52 pm

Thank you for the reply. It is indeed very frustrating that they would keep that stigma despite over 10 years have passed. I hoped they would look at the whole situation rather than focussing on one thing that happened 12 years ago. My parents are in their 70s, own their properties and land and receive a healthy regular pension and have a great social life with friends and family. There is absolutely no reason why they would want to leave all that to try to settle down here in the UK at this stage in life. They just want to come visit their grandkid, spend time with us as a family and then go back.