ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa - Refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

house517
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visit Visa - Refusal

Post by house517 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi All - i hope you are all well.

Today i received a rejection letter for my grandmothers (GM) visa. Just to give bit of background - my grandad (GD) passed away last year.

Both of them visited us back in 2013. However, at that time application was done by my grandad ( as her sister lives in UK). I did not have any info about this application. So i made a fresh application for my grandmother. However, in rejection letter we got response from case handler stated below.

"I acknowledge the importance of family visits and am aware that you have stated that you have a son, daughter and grandchildren in the UK. I am also aware that you have previously been issued entry clearance to the United Kingdom as a visitor in 2013. However, you returned to Pakistan over 8 years ago, and at the time of the application, you were travelling with your spouse, who was supporting the application, and you stated that the only family you had in the UK was your sister in law. In light of the time passed since that previous visit, and you apparent change of circumstances, I must be satisfied when assessing your current application that your personal circumstances have not significantly changed in that time."

My GD did not mentioned about rest of his family in his application in 2013 and only mentioned his sister.

Now when i did the application - i mentioned all my GM's blood relatives e.g. Son and Daughter.

Also, in this application i did not mention that my GD passed away. I am now doing a new application with all that information. I am wondering how can i counter that why my GD did not mentioned about other family?

Thanks,

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa - Refusal

Post by ywlgy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:57 pm

Pls post the full response from caseworker, this does not look complete.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

house517
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by house517 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi - here is the full response.

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for
visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sitorrules), I have considered:
 your applicationyour immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V of the Immigration Rules because:
 You have declared that you are unemployed, and that your grandson will sponsor
you to visit the UK for a 2 month holiday
 I acknowledge the importance of family visits and am aware that you have stated that
you have a son, daughter and grandchildren in the UK. I am also aware that you
have previously been issued entry clearance to the United Kingdom as a visitor in
2013. However, you returned to Pakistan over 8 years ago, and at the time of the
application, you were travelling with your spouse, who was supporting the
application, and you stated that the only family you had in the UK was your sister in
law. In light of the time passed since that previous visit, and you apparent change of
circumstances, I must be satisfied when assessing your current application that your
personal circumstances have not significantly changed in that time.
 From the information provided, I have not been able to establish that your current
personal or financial circumstances are as stated, how you are supported on a daily
basis, and how you will finance your visit, nor whether you have any family members
currently in Pakistan. As such I am not satisfied that you have provided an accurate
portrayal of your current personal circumstances or the circumstances surrounding
your visit.
 I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you
meet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2(a)(c) of Appendix V because I am not
satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit, are genuinely seeking entry
for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:37 pm

interesting case..I think the reason for refusal is more than the fact there had been inconsistencies between current application and that of 2013.

does your GM have any assets in her name? howz her bank balance? You need to be able to show that she has strong roots in Pakistan.

also explain in the additional info section of the application or in a cover letter that GD made a genuine oversight on his part in 2013 and now you are presenting the correct case backed by evidences.

good luck.

house517
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by house517 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:35 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply - she has around £6.5K saved in saving certificates in Pakistan. But thats about it. She lives with her Son and is dependent on him. I do not know how to actually defend that she will be going back which she will be ofcourse.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:11 am

lolisecka
Newly Registered
Mood:
Gambia

Post by lolisecka » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:36 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:57 pm
Pls post the full response from caseworker, this does not look complete.
Dose refused come through email or they put the letter in your passport?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 pm

I don't think you should concerned yourself too much about the application in 2013. At the time, that application was successful and inevitably circumstances have changed since.

What they need to see is someone with strong ties to home country: business, work, possessions, family... etc.

One of the common mistakes in visa applications is showing strong ties to the UK under the wrong assumption that this will facilitate the visa.

Showing a large family presence in the UK, reinforces the idea that the applicant once in the UK will have strong incentive to stay for good and will have a support network to facilitate such project. It's not necessarily true, but they always work on that assumption.