ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statutory declaration naturalisation form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Statutory declaration naturalisation form

Post by Billi92 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:15 pm

I’ve got my solicitor to fill in the statutory declaration form as a witness for my naturalisation application. However he has either forgotten or left out intentionally the part where it says “[person authorised by ______ to take and receive statutory declarations] by the above named applicant.”

since my witness is a solicitor in Northern Ireland so should the gap be filled in by something like “Northern Ireland Law Society” ?

nisi
Ireland

Re: Statutory declaration naturalisation form

Post by nisi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:02 am

I don't think so, no. It looks like that option is if they fall into a category other than solicitor. They're supposed to have striked out anything that didn't apply. So for example my Notary Public put a line through everything in brackets that wasn't Notary Public. I'd expect your statutory declaration to have everything other than solicitor crossed out

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:53 am

Solicitors do not need to fill in that field.

james2005
Mood:
Croatia

Post by james2005 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:02 pm

nisi wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:02 am
I don't think so, no. It looks like that option is if they fall into a category other than solicitor. They're supposed to have striked out anything that didn't apply. So for example my Notary Public put a line through everything in brackets that wasn't Notary Public. I'd expect your statutory declaration to have everything other than solicitor crossed out

Solicitor doesn't even need to cross it out. All solicitor need is to fill his/her part as witness. Other parts are not his/her business and can be left out.