ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa - Home Office requesting documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taghaviii
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled Worker Visa - Home Office requesting documents

Post by taghaviii » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:15 am

Hi, I applied for Tier 2 Skilled Worker (Switching immigration category - ISC liable) from inside the UK.

Just a background story:

I was initially on Tier 4 General and then Tier 4 Doctoral Extension Scheme (DES) which expired on May 2021.I then Applied for Asylum and was waiting for my decision for almost a year. My employer then offered to sponsor me on Skilled Worker Visa and applied however the decision is getting delayed.

My application timeline:

Application submitted: 15/03/2022
Application type: Priority service (5 days decision)
Date Biometric Attended: 05/04/2022

Approached Local MP for escalation: 27/05/2022
Home Office reached out: 15/06/2022 - requested further supporting document (my most recent police registration certificate).
Decision: still pending

I have 2 questions:

- Has anyone experienced Home Office requesting further supporting documents (Police Registration) and can they advise after how long they've had a decision on their application?

- My last 2 Tier 4 visas were not validated on my Police Registration certificate due to the pandemic and the local police not accepting appointment as a result of it. Can this be a problem or cause further delay?

Many many thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Skilled Worker Visa - Home Office requesting documents

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:21 am

If you can update your Police registration now, then do so, scan and send a copy of it. Explain the delay as above.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.